Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 5:24 am #3957097

simoneH-10

Hello,

Its not working even with twenty nineteen theme also i think you haven't checked the issue in sandbox first please check issue its already there in sandbox so there is no need to add theme which we are using in sandbox.

Please check and if still require to add theme which i'm using then let me know.

Thanks,

June 6, 2019 at 7:34 am #3966501

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Sorry, I thought you wanted us to run the tests against the Divi theme that's why I asked for the theme setup.

So I just went through the tests with the default WordPress theme and as you already confirmed, it seems that this is not really an issue with the Divi theme, but instead is the default WPML behavior with any theme and the proper way to translate it is through WPML > String Translation.

What I did in our case on the sandbox is I went to WPML > String Translation, I selected the "WP" domain from the filtering options at the top and then, for the 2 strings that I was served and I changed their default language from English to Netherlands.

After that, I simply went to the Theme Customizer and changed the Netherlands as I wished and then I went to WPML > String Translation and translated it differently.

I will also attach some screenshots.

However, what you are expecting to see happening is not a bad idea and I would suggest that if you have 5 minutes free, would you please take the time to complete the form below adding this request as a feature request so that our developers can add it to their list?

https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Thank you very much for your time doing this!

Kind regards,
Mihai