Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 13, 2021 at 11:52 am

davidN-51

The issue appears to occur only on mobile and also only on android.

The client confirmed that the issue does not occur on a test-site in minimal setup.

I advised to reach out to the theme support and offered to confirm the issue on a test-site while checking if implementing a custom language switcher might be a applicable workaround.

June 13, 2021 at 12:37 pm
June 13, 2021 at 12:38 pm #8982933

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please install the currently used theme in its latest version on the follow test site for further revision of this issue.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the theme is installed.

Best regards
Andreas

June 14, 2021 at 9:08 am #8987133

davidN-51

Hello Andreas,

I added the theme to the following sandbox setup as you requested: hidden link

Would you mind trying to load this page on a Google Chrome browser on an Android device, and tell me how the language switcher behaves? I added a small language switcher to the top bar on mobile devixes.

On our test the drop down appears very quickly then disappears, making it impossibly to select it.

Thank you

June 15, 2021 at 4:57 pm #9001595

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, indeed I can confirm the issue. The issue is that the element is designed like that inside the theme, or better say, the theme is overwriting the default behavior of our language switcher.

This should get reported to the theme support. Please feel free to provide them the test-site as reference and point out that this issue does not occur when switching to a different theme.

Further, you might realize that the Menu language switcher does appear inside the top bar as also inside the hamburger menu. By default it should only appear inside the hamburger on mobile.

Maybe using a Widget language switcher would be an alternative here.

Best regards
Andreas

June 16, 2021 at 2:16 pm #9009093

davidN-51

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your email. I have reported that to theme support and they have given some CSS to improve this.

However we have decided to add the language switcher to the Hamburger Menu and that actually works much better! Good tip.

June 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm #9009359

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am glad to hear that you found a solution.

Yes, indeed when using other themes, the menu language switcher by default would be only inside the hamburger, if such element exists.

Do not hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Theme issue on mobile – Menu dropdown icon (::after) is reloading page’ is closed to new replies.