This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinH-80 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
February 9, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3178591

martinH-80

Tell us what you are trying to do?
How to make the DE page using the german content block?
Will study your concept language configuration files further.
May you have an Link for ready made content block translation.
hidden link -> no login.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Followed the string Translation and tried find it in translate admin section.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-block-content/
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Guess no only the untraslated demo theme:
hidden link
hidden link -> Header Menu -> Off Canvas Menu Button

What is the link to your site?
hidden link -> Dev

February 11, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3184706

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @martinh-80, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

So, you are trying to translate a option defined on customizer with the "Kitring" theme, correct? Usually the customizer options are available on the "Translate texts in admin screen" page.

The theme is not listed at our compatible themes page: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=112654&wpv-theme-category=0&wpv_post_search=Kitring&wpv_filter_submit=Search

This may be a compatibility issue. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the theme in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the theme to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

All the best,
Diego

February 14, 2019 at 1:54 am #3196652

martinH-80

Dear Diego

1. Change the language DE at primar menu.
2. Click the off canvans button at top right.
3. There content block still shows en.

Thank you so much for your effort.

February 14, 2019 at 5:53 pm #3201366

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thanks! I'm running some tests and will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 15, 2019 at 10:00 am #3203917

martinH-80

Hello Diego,

Is this ticket public? Can you hide it please - as it is not allowed to show our customers.
Can you also tell us how long this will take as we need to close the project today.
The whole website has been translated into German without any problems - except of the burger on the desktop version which has only 2 sentences (attaching screenshot).

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best Regards

February 15, 2019 at 10:28 am #3204030

martinH-80

Dear Diego,

1. Yes, if somehow possible we appreciate to hide the ticket for public.

2. Our Team needs to finish the project today and extended without my knowledge today.

3. The requirement remains the same as before.

Thanks Martin

February 15, 2019 at 11:09 am #3204225

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello Martin,

The ticket is public but all links and sensitive data are hidden for other users (you can check this by opening the ticket on a incognito tab).

It seems that you cloned your website on the sandbox. As we need to test compatibility, the idea is to reproduce the issue on a clean instal to isolate the themel (and not clone a existing site there). The one-click login is also not working because of that.

Anyway, please provide login data to this test site (I've enabled the private field), I'll try to find a quick solution before proceding with the compatibility tests.

As your deadline is short, I have added priority to this ticket for today and will give a special attention. But please note that we can not guarantee an estimated time for the solution because the problem can be caused by multiple factors, including compatibility problems that require help from the theme author.

Kind regards,
DIego

February 15, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3204968

martinH-80

Istead a new separete ticket, I thought the issues is very closely and is allready named.

So I allowed myself to name it here, this is the secondary Kitring theme related aspect.

The mobile Menu is not showing the german version with Safari and Chorme on Mac.
Once it did showing up correctly on browserstack emulation but without changing not any more. See previous attachment too.

A big thank you to all your team and collegues.

February 15, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3205044

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks, the cedentials worked.

I was able to fix the issue on the test site using the steps below:
- Go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration and add the following code:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="theme_mods_kitring-child">
            <key name="header_off_canvas_content_block"></key>
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

- Go to WPML > Settings, scroll down to "Post Type Translation" and select the "Content Block (content-block)" post type as "Translatable - only show translated items" and save
- Go to "Content Block > Content Block" and click on the item you need to translate to go to the edit screen
- On the right sidebar, click on the "+" icon to create a new translation
- Translate the content block and save
- Go to "Content Block > Content Block" on the German language and get the slug of the translated block (see screnshot)
- Go to WPML > String Translator, select the "admin_texts_theme_mods_kitring-child" textdomain and translate the "booking" string with the slug of the translated block (see screenshot)

It worked on the test site: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 15, 2019 at 3:18 pm #3205590

martinH-80

Dear Diego,

Reproducing your step worked on the production server like a charm on Win Firefox, appreciate. At browserstack, also only simply watching your changes on your sandbox did not work on different systems and local devices here. Web standards & iterpreters should be prohibited anyway and Flash being reintroduced instead. No, just kidding, It is hard for me to verify if it does work under hidden link with safari and chrome. I do have no clou about cache handling anymore. Would be great if you can verify it on mac safari and chrome. I my eyes it does not work then,.. with reservation.

How is it about the second aspect where the mobile menu does not translate on safari and mac too. Can we handle it directly or do I need to open another issue? Looks like it is really something about browser policies, really don't know. Thank you so much.

February 15, 2019 at 6:03 pm #3206257

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

As this is a back-end issue, it should work on all browsers (but the caches should be cleaned first).

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? We can handle only one issue per ticket. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Please add the link of the test site and credentials to the new ticket to speed up the process.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 16, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3207980

martinH-80

Additonally I used now the http header plugin for pragma and cache no-content. On my testing is it ok but on some locations does it still not showing up. Is it helpfull or even necessary to integrate timestamps into the css and relevant files to overcome the intermidiate network provider caches and updating, well what should you say? A bit a stupid question.

However, a big thank-you to Diego and the WPML Team.
Just saw I did set the dot about fully resolved at the wrong place.
The issues was resolved by the great WPML Support Team, pardon.