This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
February 16, 2019 at 3:47 am

martinH-80

I am trying to:
Show the the german menu on mobile devices
like: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/mobile-menu-dont-switch-to-other-language/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The german menu

Instead, I got:
The englisch menu

February 16, 2019 at 4:33 pm #3207942

martinH-80

Dear Support Team

Is there any change to handle it priorized? I know..

May it is simple for you to resume this solution or alike to kitring.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/mobile-menu-dont-switch-to-other-language/

Kind Regards

February 17, 2019 at 2:02 am #3208325

martinH-80

Dear Support Team

Just wanted to let you know, the theme is now updated to 1.1.1 for clean testing but the mobile menu still shows the EN menu instead the german with latest 5.0.3 WP.

//add_filter( 'dahz_framework_mobile_mega_menu', '__return_empty_array' );
//add_filter( 'walker_nav_menu_start_el', '__return_empty_array' );

Both tries with each of this lines, did not prevent the may transient aspect as failure reason.
Honestly really also not sure about if pre cache really exist in this mobile in kitring theme.
These lines simply resulted in a empty array or overwriting values with value array or alike.

Thank you for your knowlege and support.

February 18, 2019 at 4:15 am #3210185

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I can see the mobile menu is showing the German links properly, so could you please let me know if the issue still exists?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

February 18, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3211927

martinH-80

Dear Support Team

Here and on browserstack does it definitely not showing the german menu if you use or emulate a real mobile. As example using chrome F12 and choosing as example an iphone device. The only way it was always showing the DE menu is, if you make the desktop windows smaller simulate a mobile based on the desktop. But if you call the page from a mobile browser itself, then it is only showing the EN menu. And we also took care about browser cache and even http header directives. So I almost can't belive that it should show the german menu on a mobile device, pardon. I know, really like to belive but can't. 🙂

So the issue, does I my eyes clearly still exist.

Thank you so much for your further investigation.

February 19, 2019 at 5:40 am
February 19, 2019 at 8:29 am #3215420

martinH-80

Dear Shekhar

Thank you so much, actually the page would be allready on a testing Server from wpml. Simply use this link and you should be logged in automatically.

[removed] - This is based on these related issues with already named this aspect partially too and I thought you see the SFTP access too in your ticket system: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/theme-kitring-customize-header-off-canvas-content-content-bloock/

However, otherwise, I could do replication from one of your test servers to another.
But guess this way, it would fullfill all your needs to access the data. Will do both, i guess.

"still unable to replicate it when trying to view it from the desktop browser."
Absolutely correct here is the same, the issues is only related to mobile Browser.

Let me know if you can access the courageous-monkey.w5.wpsandbox.pro ftp and db allready, at least for better future understanding of your workflows at wpml.

Will preventive start this replication too and thank you for all your efforts.

February 19, 2019 at 9:18 am #3215654

martinH-80

Dear Shekhar

Migration to your own testing environment is completed.

Regards

February 19, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3216464

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the migration, since we have a migrated site, I request your permission to delete your site content from the sandbox site. I would also like to inform you that it's not recommended to clone your site on the sandbox site.

Further, when I test the issue on a fresh installation the issue doesn't exist, so it looks like an issue within your theme only, I am currently discussing this issue with our 2nd tier supporters and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

February 19, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3217100

martinH-80

Dear Shekhar

Understand the recommedation, cloning is simply a much easier task and enables to delete step by step until the source if found..., I know. But you definitely have the permission to delete on the sandbox site. Now we even have at wplm environment two sites and may the other one with the complete backup could remain, just in case there would be more than one sources.

Thank you so much.

February 19, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3217933

martinH-80

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

February 19, 2019 at 4:53 pm #3218184

martinH-80

Dear Shekhar

Because the team needed to deliver the project and communicat in the same way, a collegue closed the ticket because of the communication against the customer. Pardon about that.

I the background we logically still need to solve this requirement and deliver it afterward. Still need all your knowledge and hard work, our project management simply needed to act as describen. Deeply hope we will understand the reason for future handling in such cases.

Thanks for understanding and appreciated effort once again

February 20, 2019 at 4:50 am #3219925

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello Martin,

When I was discussing the issue with our 2nd tier supporters they mentioned that the menu is showing perfectly for them, indicating that this might be happening due to cache issues.

Further, on the test site, I disabled the wp-rocket for around 12 hours and this morning I was able to see the menu correctly. Further, I enabled the wp-rocket plugin and it's still working for me on my mobile devices as well as on browsers, so could you please check if you are able to replicate the same behaviour.

So basically, once you make any changes to the menu labels, you will need to delete the cache properly to make the menu work, could you please test this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks

February 20, 2019 at 10:19 am #3220754

martinH-80

Dear Shekhar

When I click as ex. the clear cache wp-rocket button on dashboard, the corretly DE menu showed up on mobile but only for the first interpreter, as ex. on chrome F12 Mobile Emulation. Guess in this catch I trappet before too. This is sadly working only once and all of rest of the tests does not switch to the mobile DE menu anymore. I my eyes does this happen, even on system without wp-rocket at least on my side. Is there may another call in "the clear cache for me" wp backend section to be made for enduring showing the correct DE menu instead of only once?

Can you reproduce this behavior too at your side?

February 21, 2019 at 9:25 am #3226006

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

When WP Rocket is disabled, the problem doesn't exist at all for me, but once enabled the results is showing differently for me too.

I am discussing this issue further with our 2nd tier supporters and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Theme Kitring -> Mobile -> Menu -> Wrong Language’ is closed to new replies.