This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translating these pages works, but it turns out that on the translated pages our installed theme - Jupiter - gets messed up. As illustrated in the attached images, fonts and colors get messed up and our logo disappears. It looks like the translated pages go back to the default settings of the theme.

Solution: According to the article from our documentation about using the Jupiter theme with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/how-to-create-multilingual-sites-using-jupiter-theme-and-wpml/#synchronizing-the-theme-options-for-all-the-languages) and I could see that there's an option in Dashboard → Settings that you can use to make sure that the same style is used across all the languages.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by remyv-3 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4596683

remyv-3

Hello!

We are having an issue with WPML + WooCommerce Multilingual plugins. We have installed these plugins on our website to translate the shop & product pages.

Translating these pages works, but it turns out that on the translated pages our installed theme - Jupiter - gets messed up. As illustrated in the attached images, fonts and colors get messed up and our logo disappears. It looks like the translated pages go back to the default settings of the theme.

When we first installed the plugins, the whole website looked messed up because our theme options settings were somehow suddenly deleted and back to default (and all our custom CSS was gone). We imported a backup of these theme options and that fixed the problem, but not for the translated shop pages apparently...

We have tried installing a different theme but that didn't fix the issue either. Hopefully someone can help us to resolve this problem!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Kind regards.

September 19, 2019 at 7:30 am #4601951

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I tried to have a look at the shop page but I could see that there's a maintenance mode on your website. In this case, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have access to the shop page, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 20, 2019 at 11:58 am #4611815

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

I had a quick look at the article from our documentation about using the Jupiter theme with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/how-to-create-multilingual-sites-using-jupiter-theme-and-wpml/#synchronizing-the-theme-options-for-all-the-languages) and I could see that there's an option in Dashboard → Settings that you can use to make sure that the same style is used across all the languages.

Can you try to use it and tell me if it makes things work fine on the shop page, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 20, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4612633

remyv-3

Hi Radu,

Ahh we totally missed that there was an option for this in the general settings!

There still are some small differences between the Dutch pages and the English pages now (f.e. with displaying the Page Title: hidden on the Dutch page but visible on the English page), but overall the theme looks the same again. Great!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards!