Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by josephF-4 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 5:32 pm #2217403

josephF-4

I am trying to: whenever I'm not logged in and I go to hidden link -- it redirects me to the foreign (spanish site) login, even though I'm in the US.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Any ideas?

May 24, 2018 at 5:50 pm #2224778

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I am not able to access your site because of the authentication. So please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2229220

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the details and login information. But the HTTP authentication credentials are not working for me. Please check.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2018 at 1:16 pm #2229557

josephF-4

I updated the credentials in my previous message -thanks for your patience!

May 25, 2018 at 5:52 pm #2231276

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the updates. I can reproduce the issue on your site. Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML(Specially the *Redirection* plugin)
c) If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

If you are still having the issues, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2018 at 6:14 pm #2231460

josephF-4

Hi Bigul,

Yes, it's the "Theme My Login" plugin working with WPML that is causing the issue. Any ideas on how to make this work properly with WPML?

Thanks,

Joe

May 28, 2018 at 6:07 am #2236481

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the updates. I made a duplicator copy of your site and debugging it on my local server now. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 29, 2018 at 8:11 am #2243435

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

For your kind updates, the bug is existing after the initial debugging procedures. But not able to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. Therefore I have forwarded the details to our second tier team and waiting for their expert opinion. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 30, 2018 at 5:14 am #2248955

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

For your kind information, the bug is existing after our primary investigation procedures. Therefore I am escalating the ticket to our second tier team for further debugging.

Please wait. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 31, 2018 at 2:52 pm #2256973

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

For your kind information, our developers traced the reason for this issue. It is happening because Theme my login is using a custom query to get the login page. But it is returning more than one value and always pick the first row. It is working as expected in our local copy after we add the following code in function.php(at the end) of your child theme.

add_filter( 'tml_page_id', 'tml_translate_page_id' );
function tml_translate_page_id( $id ) {
	return apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $id, 'page', true );
}

Please try it after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2018-05-31_2023.png
May 31, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2257384

josephF-4

That's awesome, thanks so much - it worked!

So where is this custom query - what file? And is this something we did or is it from the theme my login original files?
"Theme my login is using a custom query to get the login page. But it is returning more than one value and always pick the first row."

Thanks!

Joe

June 1, 2018 at 5:10 am #2259526

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the feedback. The custom query is coming from Them My Login and our compatibility team is in touch with them. So we can fix this issue in Them My Login itself.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 5, 2018 at 1:14 pm #2275443

josephF-4

Thanks Bigul! - You're a great support rep! Appreciate the help as always

June 27, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2439723

josephF-4

Hey Bigul, it's happening now when I logout of the wordpress admin panel - it reroutes to the mexico logout/login page. Any assistance would be appreciated.