This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ammara-9 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 11:23 am

ammara-9

Hello
I am trying to: translate Copyright sentences in the footer but I can't find it

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I contact with theme support and send to me this message:

(Hello,

Thanks for providing login details. We checked and found that after save changes in admin screen for footer_copyright_left & footer_copyright_right text it automatically un-check.
We are not sure why it not working in your site because we tested in our local system and demo site and it working perfectly. We ask for this issue to WPML support team but you can also contact them directly for this issue.
We will reply you after we receive reply from WPML team.

Thanks,
Meet)

And I try with this solution https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-my-copyright-section-in-the-footer/

Thanks

July 30, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4307971

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

1. I have tried to enable footer_copyright_right, footer_copyright_left fields from WPML >> String Translations -> (at the bottom of page) Translate texts in admin screens », -> >> ‘- zippco_theme_options’ but it is not saving when I click on the Apply button.

2. To fixing this issue, please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set these variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

- Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

After increasing max_input_vars value (screenshot attached) please follow the above steps and hit apply button. Then please go to String Translation and you will see newly enabled values at the top of the page and ready for translation, add the translation for that string and check Translation is complete checkbox and press the Save button.

To check the minimum MaxInputVars value required to save the page, please follow this doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/#resolving-issues-with-maxinputvars-value

3. For now, I have fixed this issue by using our XML method and added the following XML code:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="zippco_theme_options">
            <key name="footer_copyright_left" />
            <key name="footer_copyright_right" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

In WPML >> Settings >> Custom XML Configuration section and now copyright strings are available for translation and you can add translation from WPML >> String Translation.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

July 30, 2019 at 3:06 pm #4308905

ammara-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!