Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a problem translating the title of an image in the WP Residence theme. There are a title and a subtitle at the top of the page, over the image, and I can't translate them.

Solution: You need to edit the original page, look for the page_header_title_over_image and page_header_subtitle_over_image custom fields and set them to translate. Just hit the Apply button, save again the page (even if you made no changes to it), and update the translation. This time, you should see the two new elements available for translation.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tigranM-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 8, 2021 at 7:58 pm #8256643

tigranM-2

Hi,
please help me!

I have a problem translating the title of an image in the WP Residence theme,

1. The page (Header Type- image) with a photo in the header was in Russian (the main language)
2. Made a copy of the content for the English version, and changed all the texts to English.
When I try to change the title and subtitle over image (look attached screen), and save it, the text again remains the text of Russian (the main language).
English is not saved.

screen.jpg
March 9, 2021 at 6:25 am #8258935

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Tigran,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I'm not sure what's the element that's not translating so it would be great if you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at it. Also, please attach a link to the page from your screenshot too.
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

March 11, 2021 at 3:01 pm #8286503

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Tigran,

Please have a look at the English page here, please?
hidden link

The two strings are now translated. The values from the fields are saved on custom fields. Once I set them to translate, I was able to edit the translation and the new strings were available for translation.
You can find some more details about this right here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

As for the second question, about the site speed, please open a new ticket for that and we'll have a look. We're trying to keep just one ticket for each question so other users that might have the same issue can easily find the solution.

Thanks,
Radu

March 11, 2021 at 6:25 pm #8288511

tigranM-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!