This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 2:52 am #4668483

goranG-2

I am trying to: Translate a page where the website is built with the theme Themeco Pro version 2.5.5. More specifically the page is built using their page builder Cornerstone.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (currently only testing in my local dev enviroment)

I expected to see: Boxes to translate text content from the original language.

Instead, I got: Nothing. No boxes showed up.

It appears that Themeco introduced new types of elements in its page builder Cornerstone. They call them "V2 Elements". Using these elements I don't get the boxes to translate content when trying to translate a page. However using elements that are in the page builder section "Classic elements" works just fine.

I've read this: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-the-cornerstone-page-builder-x-theme-compatibility-with-wpml/

I did some digging in the database. Seems like the data (actual text and settings) in the V2 elements is saved in the post_meta table on the meta_key "_cornerstone_data". Data for the classic elements is saved in the posts table in column post_content. Like ordinary shortcodes in a page.

I've found this: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/
(the documentation for sub-keys could be improved)

And this:
hidden link

Tried to adapt the wpml-config myself without success.

October 1, 2019 at 6:05 am #4668847

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I have updated the theme to the latest version and can still see the issue, being so I have escalated this issue to our compatibility team.

I will update you as soon as I will have further feedback.

Thanks

October 1, 2019 at 6:05 am #4668853

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Setting the correct status.

October 2, 2019 at 6:07 am #4677227

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I got confirmation form the compatibility team and they mentioned that Pro theme is not compatible with WPML yet, so to translate the Pro theme please follow the below steps:

- Open a page and create it translations
- Now go to front-end and change the language
- Using the top-bar "Pro" options edit the translated page and make changes in secondary languages.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks