This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3876663

Timothy

I am trying to: See the themes 404.php template file when navigating to a non-existing page slug. For example /404/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /404/

I expected to see: The themes 404.php template file loaded.

Instead, I got: A PHP error ([Thu May 23 16:20:05.162191 2019] [php7:error] [pid 15492:tid 2044] [client ::1:65517] PHP Recoverable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in C:\\localhost\\the-fat-lady\\wp-includes\\pluggable.php on line 1282). Deactivating the WPML plugin solves this issue. Works correctly with latest version of WPML + WordPress 4.5.1, but not with latest version of WPML and 4.5.2, released a few days ago.

// T

May 23, 2019 at 2:41 pm #3877001

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum,

I am unable to reproduce the issue in my local environment, Could you please check if you can reproduce the same when you switch the theme to any of the WordPress default themes?.
Also please let me know what is the result if you have only your theme and WPML active.

I will be awaiting your results.

Kind regards
Raja

May 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3877089

Timothy

Hey Raja,

- Still having the exact same issue with our theme and only WPML active.
- Still having the issue with the Twenty Nineteen WP theme active and only WPML active.

May 23, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3877169

Timothy

Hey Raja, I'm sorry, there were typo's in my first post. Obviously, it goes without saying that I mean that I have this issue in WP 5.2.1, and NOT in WP 5.2.0. I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

May 23, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3877171

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the update, Please try to update your WordPress again maybe some files not updated properly, If the issue still persists.. Please provide a snapshot copy of your site You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 23, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3877227

Timothy

Hey Raja,

I don't have time to provide you with a copy. Still having this issue with a fresh copy of both the latest version of WP and WPML. Even deleted WPML cache. Still having the issue when navigating to /404/.

This should be very widespread, since it was OK in 5.2.0.

Hope you'll find a fix, soon.

Thanks!

// T

May 23, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3877351

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hey,

For clarity, I have made a quick screenshot that the issue is not happening in my local setup with WP 5.2.1 and WPML 4.2.6. So it would be better if I can get the copy of your site for further debugging so that we can have a deeper look what's going on with your setup.

Please refer: hidden link

Regards
Raja

May 23, 2019 at 3:19 pm #3877395

Timothy

Hey Raja,

I can see you have loads of plugins active on your local install. Could you confirm that you also don't have the issue when only WPML and Twenty Nineteen is active?

May 24, 2019 at 5:27 am #3881203

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hey there,

If that goes well with all plugin it should be good when alone as well 🙂
Anyway, I have made a screencast as per your request hidden link Twenty nineteen + WPML + WooCommerce and Query Monitor (to catch any errors).

I hope this helps you better

Kind regards
Raja