This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Themify 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 22, 2018 at 10:29 am #2429144

Michela

I am trying to: open the customize section of the theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: to be able to edit the functions

Instead, I got: a blank page

Kindly contact me. We have notified the theme developer managers too.

Thanks.
Regards,

June 24, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2431520

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

The Ultra theme by Themify is not officially compatible with WPML.
This issue with the Ultra theme is already known to our developers.

Our compatibility team have a workaround for this issue, and they already contacted the theme author so that he can fix it, but in the meantime, you can follow these instructions:

- Make a full backup of your site.
- Edit the file located in wp-content/themes/themify-ultra/theme-functions.php.
- Navigate to the line 2353, and change it from:

remove_action( 'customize_controls_print_scripts',        array( $wp_customize->widgets, 'print_scripts' ) );

to:

remove_action( 'customize_controls_print_scripts',        array( $wp_customize->widgets, 'print_scripts' ), 99 );

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 25, 2018 at 11:19 am #2432365

Michela

Hi Itamar,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste the code text that you wrote in your reply.

There is an issue with the editor not showing the full text script.

Here is attached a screenshot of what I see. Maybe try to send it as an attachemen txt file and hopefully it will work.

Thanks & Regards,
Michela

June 25, 2018 at 7:08 pm #2433668

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Michela.

This is wied!
Can you please tell me on which browser are you having this problem?

In any case here are the instructions and the code again in plain text.

- Make a full backup of your site.
- Edit the file located in wp-content/themes/themify-ultra/theme-functions.php.
- Navigate to the line 2353, and change it from:

remove_action( 'customize_controls_print_scripts', array( $wp_customize->widgets, 'print_scripts' ) );

to:

remove_action( 'customize_controls_print_scripts', array( $wp_customize->widgets, 'print_scripts' ), 99 );

Regards,
Itamar.

July 3, 2018 at 7:16 am #2455788

Michela

Hi there!

Themify informed me that they haven't received any contact information from you with regards to this. (?)

Can you please kindly let us know the name of the person who has contacted them?

We really need to have this compatibility issue with THEMIFY solved for good.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards
Michela Fantinel

July 4, 2018 at 9:55 am #2461830

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Michela.

In our internal documentation, I can see that we are in contact with the author and the Ultra theme is a testing phase. I'll ask our compatibility developer to contact them on this specific issue once again.

Has the workaround fixed the customizer issue on your site?
I can see that in other cases it did fix it.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/customizer-not-working-blank-page/#post-2429838

Best Regards,
Itamar.

July 7, 2018 at 8:01 am #2472142

Michela

Hi Itamar,

thanks for your reply. First of all just to pinpoint that the information you have from your internal records is not accurate. The Themify Ultra is NOT in a tasting phase, it's a well established theme, so you should update your records.

Secondly I'm in contact with Themify and they informed me that this incompatibililty issue is going to be solved soon with their next theme update. Hopefully this will resolve all issues for good.

It would be good if you could add the Themify Themes into your long list of approved compatible themes by then.

By the way could you just help me with one thing that I am experiencing with WPML right now, we discovered broken link to categories being translated and indexed, we checked and saw that in our settings we didn't tick the box where it asks if categories have to be translated, in fact we don't use the categories for other languages rather than GB. So It's wierd, but this happens with only 1 category: uncategorized. Any clue?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards,
Michela

July 9, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2476815
Michela

Hi Atamar,

sorry to write again, but since your last update there has been an issue with categories being translated and indexed in all languages, although we have them de-indexed, with strange cat/name/.

We found out about this in the Google Console where hundreds of 404 pages not found appears.

Please find attached a screenshot. I'm also attaching a screenshot of the WP backend where you seem to have added lots of extra settings for the categories index etc. I cannot make out what's all of them means and how they have to be used.

Can you please help on this and tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks for your continued support.

Kind Regards,
Michela

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-categories-being-translated-and-indexed-in-all-languages/

July 9, 2018 at 6:55 pm #2477632

Itamar
Supporter

Hi again, Michela.

What I meant was that the Themify Ultra is in the testing phase with WPML. Our compatibility team still check that it can work with WPML. The theme will be added to WPML's compatibility list once our compatibility team will finish the testings and the author will implement all that is needed.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 9, 2018 at 8:10 pm #2477707

Michela

Hi Atamar,

Thanks for explaining that, now it makes sense to me! I really hope this compatibility issue will be solved soon and for good. I have closed this ticket for now.

Thanks!

Regards
Michela

September 30, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4667099

Themify

Hi Michela - Which version of Ultra are you using? We can't replicate the issue with the latest WPML (hidden link) and Themify Ultra, it is working fine: hidden link.