This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by svenK-20 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Hussein.

Author Posts
April 6, 2016 at 7:41 pm #855099

Twan

Hi, I am trying to translate my menus from English to several other languages. I have several pages in my original English menu, but when I switch to the other language menus, there are no pages available to be added. I can't add pages to my newly created menus because there are no items in the "Pages" scroll down menu on the left to add from.
The sync didn't work. I read the documentation and followed all the steps three times already. I’m struggling with this two whole days now. I have the last version WPML 3.3.7.

Also the Flags aren’t shown on the homepage. Only the English Flag. No scroll down menu with the other Flags.
So I also followed these steps:
support -> troubleshooting ->Clean up
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element type collation
- Set language information
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment for translations
Didn’t work.

After this I tried twice the Reset and a newly install. No results!
Please help because I’m not happy with this.

April 7, 2016 at 10:44 am #855662

Ahmed Hussein
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum.

After performing a menu Sync (please refer to this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/), can you please check if the posts/pages that are missing in other languages are translated into all languages. If you don't need it translated in all languages you can simply duplicate it in other languages.

You can do that by editing the post and on the side, you'll find Language options, check Duplicate for all languages, then click Duplicate. [See screenshot]

April 22, 2016 at 8:40 am #866972

Twan

Thanks. I found how to resolve this issue.

May 3, 2019 at 10:11 am #3732937

svenK-20

Hi, how did you resolve the issue?