This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aliR-5 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 9:36 pm #3693373

aliR-5

When I was trying to configure WPML. It is impossible. Because I am not able to choose the language of my website. Or choose any language.

Also, before that error I was not able to select english as site language.

I reinstall plugin. i reset it. i cleaned up. but i was not able to solve the problem

There are not any enable languages for this site. Also I was not able to choose the langaue of site.

April 28, 2019 at 6:22 am #3697249

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Is it a fresh installation?
Did you translate any pages already?

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 30, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3714917

aliR-5

Here is my debug.log file : hidden link

After all, when I say define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

it says :

WordPress database error: [Table 'wcetargo_wp582.wp5t_icl_languages' doesn't exist]
SELECT l.code, l.id, english_name, nt.name AS native_name, major, active, default_locale, encode_url, tag, lt.name AS display_name FROM wp5t_icl_languages l JOIN wp5t_icl_languages_translations nt ON ( nt.language_code = l.code AND nt.display_language_code = l.code ) LEFT OUTER JOIN wp5t_icl_languages_translations lt ON l.code=lt.language_code WHERE ( lt.display_language_code = 'en' OR (lt.display_language_code = 'en' AND NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM wp5t_icl_languages_translations ls WHERE ls.language_code = l.code AND ls.display_language_code = 'en' ) ) ) GROUP BY l.code ORDER BY english_name ASC

May 1, 2019 at 5:15 am #3716043

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

We are on holiday.
You will get an update regarding this by Sunday evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

May 5, 2019 at 9:54 am #3742361

aliR-5

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Table 'wcetargo_wp582.wp5t_icl_strings' doesn't exist
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => WP Endpoints
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 8d0ee533eb6eaa9960c52ecb3fc80232
[name] => order-pay
[value] => order-pay
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

May 5, 2019 at 10:14 am #3742371

aliR-5

I tried thiis : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-install-icl_languages-doesnt-exist-for-query/

I was not able to solve problem.

May 6, 2019 at 9:01 am #3746101

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Hello

If the table icl_strings does not exist in your setup, you can follow the guide in our errata page to re-create the tables. https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/ Once this is done, then you have to remove the key "wpml_string_table_ok_for_mo_import" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix) and all errors should be gone

OR

If you didn't have any multilingual data there already, you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database. To do so, please backup your database and website then go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

After delete all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

May 6, 2019 at 10:23 am #3746983

aliR-5

Hello, sir.

I hope you are doing well,

I exactly did every step that you mentioned. However, the same problem persist.

Regards,

May 6, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3748799

aliR-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!