We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Patrick 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 10:08 pm #2822475

Patrick

Hello!

Here's the message I've received in my dashboard after my last update of WPML.

"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

So, I'm contacting you. 🙂

October 17, 2018 at 6:27 am #2823214

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Bonjour Patrick,

Bienvenue à nouveau ! 🙂

Cela serait très utile si vous pouviez me fournir l'information du debug.log de WordPress, pas l'information de débogage de WPML.

Est-ce que vous pouvez ouvrir le fichier wp-config.php et chercher la ligne: define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false); et la remplacer par:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Après, est-ce que vous pouvez chercher dans le dossier /wp-content/ s'il existe un fichier debug.log.
Pourriez-vous copier et coller le contenu du fichier debug.log dans pastebin.com et me fournir le lien, cela serait très utile (C'est la manière plus simple car parfois les logs sont volumineux et polluer notre conversation sur ce forum).

Cordialement,
Andrés

October 18, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2828051

Patrick

J'ai fais le changement. Tu devrais avoir accès aux 2 WP_DEBUG.

Par contre, je n'ai pas de fichier debug.log.

October 18, 2018 at 1:28 pm #2828077

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Thanks Patrick. However, I'll have to transfer your ticket to our 2nd tier, would you mind continue in English and sharing your credentials?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed!
You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2828395

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
I am George and I am in charge of fixing these issues.
I will check your site now and your FTP and analyse and fix the problem on your site.
I just have to notify you that I might need to temporary install the plugin "Adminer" in order to access your database.
Once I am finished, I will remove it.

October 18, 2018 at 3:04 pm #2828423

Patrick

No prob. Go!

Thanks for your help.

October 18, 2018 at 3:30 pm #2828521

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

The process is complete.
Now you can go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization and enable the option that will deliver better performance - to not load .mo files and to use only WPML String Translation

October 22, 2018 at 11:04 pm #2840024

Patrick

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!