This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 18, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3213617

lorenzoC-6

Hi,
i foud this message on my dashboard:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

What must I do to resolve it?
Thanks
Lorenzo

February 19, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3216503

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Lorenzo,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Don't worry, we'll take care of this notice. First, I need access to the dashboard and FTP. Can you send me credentials for these two, please? This way I'll be able to check things out and see why is this message appearing.

Thanks,
Radu

February 20, 2019 at 11:46 am #3221353

Radu
Supporter

Hey Lorenzo,

First of all, please create a full backup of your website. If you need a help with this, here's a tool that you can use: https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

Once you created the backup, please follow the steps presented in this article: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/ and tell me if you still see that message at the top of the dashboard area.

Thanks,
Radu

February 20, 2019 at 3:29 pm #3222581

lorenzoC-6

Hi Radu. I had done what what the link you submit me tell that i must do but the problem persist...
1) I whrite the the reported code on my function.php
2) THen i visit my site one or two times
I return to erase the added code
the problem persist!
Help!
L

February 21, 2019 at 9:21 am #3225991

Radu
Supporter

Hey Lorenzo,

Thank you for running that code. There was just one little change I needed to do to your website. Now everything is back to normal, the notice is gone. Please check it out and tell me if you still see it on your side.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site…’ is closed to new replies.