This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jo 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4126723

Jo

I have the error message plenty of other people are having. Plus strings are not loading in the table.

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

July 2, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4127665

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Yes, I can help you with this.

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. As a precaution, please confirm that you have a backup of your site and database that you are comfortable restoring if needed.

Thanks

July 3, 2019 at 11:59 am #4135987

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Can you please check the FTP credentials?
I am unable to open an FTP session with the password provided

Can you also please clarify if there were existing string translations? It seems the strings tables are corrupt and need to be re-generated.

July 3, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4136175

Jo

Hi Yvette,

There are no existing string translations. A regeneration is fine.

How do I do that?

July 3, 2019 at 4:35 pm #4138173

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The message is gone now - can you try to see if all else is normal?
Thanks

July 4, 2019 at 8:37 am #4141249

Jo

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!