This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 2:59 pm

jasonR-16

I am trying to: update a neglected site to the latest versions of WPML.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: WP Dashboard

I expected to see: No error

Instead, I got: the error: "There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

This is a classic issue I believe.

Please note: this dev site is behind HTTP authentication. Please use the HTTP username: flywheel and password: superb-hint

July 12, 2019 at 12:39 am #4193845

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard and could confirm the issue. In order to fix it we need to perform some troubleshooting in your database tables, this is why we need some access to your host database management tool, I would also recommend to keep a saved backup in order to avoid any potential issues. I will enable a private reply for you so you can safely send these database management access details.

Please, don't forget to confirm if you saved a backup copy and also please, confirm you if give us permission to perform the database troubleshooting steps. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site.’ is closed to new replies.