This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm Installing the plugin but I'm having this message: "There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site". This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now but can become a critical issue in the future.

Solution: If you just installed the WPML plugin and you didn't add any translation to your website, follow these steps:

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Soporte;
  • press the troubleshooting link;
  • scroll down to the Reset professional translation state section;
  • check the Reset professional translation state option;
  • press the Reset and deactivate WPML button;
  • delete the WPML plugin;
  • install and configure WPML.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 10:45 pm #4461659

Yeison Gomez

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm Installing the plugin but I'm having this message: "There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

And my site si running wrong after installation

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

hidden link

August 27, 2019 at 8:10 am #4463579

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Yeison,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I tried to use the Plesk dashboard in order to check what's going on but I couldn't find any way to get to the dashboard area of the website (the WordPress dashboard). Can you tell me where I can find it, please? This way I'll be able to have a look at the String translation issue.

Thanks,
Radu

August 28, 2019 at 8:13 am #4471821

Radu
Supporter

Hey Yeison,

As I can see, you just installed the WPML plugin so you didn't add any translation to your website. In this case, could you follow the next steps and tell me if you still have issues with the plugin, please?

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Soporte;
  • press the solución de problemas link;
  • scroll down to the Reiniciar section;
  • check the Estoy a punto de restablecer todos los datos de traducción e idioma. option;
  • press the Restablecer y desactivar WPML button;
  • delete the WPML plugin;
  • install and configure it.

This way, everything done so far with WPML will be reset and you'll be able to install it from scratch again. This time things should work better. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 30, 2019 at 9:35 pm #4489297

Yeison Gomez

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

August 30, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4489301
Yeison Gomez

Hi! Radu my the first problem has been solved, but when I try to translate any page I get a 502 error.

New threads created by Radu and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/502-error-when-trying-to-translate-a-page/

September 1, 2019 at 8:37 pm #4493215

Radu
Supporter

Hey Yeison,

I split the last message into a different ticket and I'll mark this one as resolved now. We are trying to keep just one topic on each ticket so other users can easily find the solution if they run into the same issue.

If you have any other issue or even just a quick question, feel free to open a separate ticket and we'll handle it in no time.

Regards,
Radu