Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 5, 2023 at 6:43 pm #13596433

Christophe

Message in the admin of the site:
There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Error in detail:
Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 65 van het bestand /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught RuntimeException: Language of /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-content/languages/en_US\'-0eebe503220d4a00341eb011b92769b4.json cannot be recognized in /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:65
Stack trace:
#0 /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translation-files/jed/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(72): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get()
#1 /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translation-files/jed/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(40): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->get_file_locale('/home/gpack/dom...', 'default')
#2 /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.be/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->override_jed_file('/home/gpack/dom...', 'password-streng...', 'default')
#3 /home/gpack/domains/g-pack.

May 5, 2023 at 10:01 pm #13597207

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Please try the following and update me:

1."X" out the warning and refresh the page
-> Does the warning remain after you close it and refresh the page?

2. Go to your database and verify that your database table wp_icl_strings exists.

If it does please review the screenshot below and verify that the 'domain_name_context_md5' index field exists in both areas as seen highlighted in my screenshot.

md5.png
May 6, 2023 at 11:16 am #13598189

Christophe

Hello,

no X here, it's a red text area on top of the site.

May 6, 2023 at 11:21 am #13598193

Christophe

wp_icl_strings does not exist (see screenshot).

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-06 om 13.20.37.png
May 8, 2023 at 4:52 pm #13607649

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Follow the steps from this guide to re-create the table, then check again for the 'domain_name_context_md5' index field.

https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

Let me know your results, please.

May 8, 2023 at 6:21 pm #13608181

Christophe

I followed the workaround.
- wp_icl_strings created
- domain_name_context_md5 visible
- error message still visible in admin

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-08 om 20.18.38.png
May 9, 2023 at 8:51 am #13611331

Christophe

Hey, thanks, the error is gone.

Regards

May 9, 2023 at 8:30 pm #13617449

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear that, have a great day ! 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.