This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 1:54 pm

oliverB-34

I am trying to: have the original layout of the page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: only texts

Issue : may be the Blueprint Editor ( Bateaux Theme ) causes the issue.

August 23, 2019 at 2:26 pm
August 23, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4449361

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for sending the files. I was able to recreate the issue on the local copy of your site and was able to edit the content following these steps:

1. Delete the English translation of the homepage and remove it from the trash
2. Duplicate the page to English (check the box to duplicate instead of using the "+" sign
3. Disable the WPML translation editor and edit the content manually. You will need to click "Translate Independently".

I think that the page builder you are using may not be completely compatible with WPML. I am going to test in a fresh install as well, but could you please let me know if these steps work on your live site?

August 24, 2019 at 10:58 am #4451525

oliverB-34

Hi Lauren and many thanks for your help. Unfortunately , I still need assistance.Now the page is OK in German ( except the portfolio ) , but how I could translate manually this page?
hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4459221

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

When you edit the homepage in the original language, you will see an option to disable the WPML Translation editor. Switch that option to Off. You will also get a pop up asking if you want to disable it for just this page, or all pages. I suggest all pages for your site.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 1, 2019 at 8:41 am #4492227

oliverB-34

Hi , thank you for Your help 🙂 There is an issue with "Portfolio Items" . After translation ( as duplicate) , the portfolio is always empty..

1) hidden link
2) hidden link

September 2, 2019 at 9:48 am #4495911

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket from now long because our colleague Lauren is on vacations.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos