Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
March 26, 2013 at 9:42 am #114946

Ian

Hi
Before updating to the latest versions of WooCommerce and WPML there was a link saying "This page is also available in: Language" when a page had a translated brother in anoternguage. My sie is Thai and English so the English pages had "This page is also available in Thai" - and the Thai brother page would have "This page is also available in อังกฤ" (I would expect the English page to have the 'Thai" written in Thai script and the Thai page to have "English" written in English not in Thai - so people inadvertently landing on the wrong language verison of a page would instantly see there is a translation in their own language. Most English readers will not understand the Thai script which rather defeats the purpose of the link to the English page don;t you think?

Anyway - that link is now missing altogether. How can I get the link back and is there a way to have the languages written in the language the link goes to?

March 26, 2013 at 10:51 am #114993

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ian,

Could you provide me with a link to this page, via mail to andreas.n@onthegosystems.com ?
I assume that the default language is English, correct?

Thanks!

March 26, 2013 at 11:27 pm #115183

Ian

Hi
Yes - I just realised I posted this twice as I couldn't find it - so you may see my post from earlier in the forum - sorry about that - getting old and forgetful!

Anyway I realise the problem is with WooCommerce products not Woredpress posts. So I will send you the homepage with the links showing and the product page where it isn't showing - you also have the login in the other thread - I assume that is not going to show up in the forum is it? If it is we need to delete the post.

Thanks
Ian

March 27, 2013 at 10:01 am #115252

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hi Ian,

So I could actually close the other thread?
Could you provide me with the link to it?
(not that I close in the end the wrong one 🙂

The thread with the login data - could you also provide me with a link to it?

March 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm #115300

Ian

Hi Andreas

The link to the other thread is http://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-get-this-post-is-also-available-in-on-product-pages-with-woocommerce/#post-115297

But there is a response there so don;t close it as the other support staff are in conversation - not completely solved yet.

I would say this should be an automatic implementation through the WPML WooCommerce plugin - I am pretty sure everyone would want their products linked to other languages for SEO purposes if nothing else.

Thanks
Ian