This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 19, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Joe Westcott

I believe that the problem began after I changed WPML settings to no longer translate ACF field groups, although I'm not completely sure.

May 19, 2020 at 5:06 pm
May 19, 2020 at 5:13 pm
May 20, 2020 at 2:44 am #6172969

Joe Westcott

Thank you for the Cloudways option. Duplicator failed after 65% of the way through, and about 3 hours in.

The Cloudways migration completed, with a message that the migration was a success.

I see that the Cloudways site now looks like our WPML site, great!

hidden link

Please let me know if you need anything else from my end, thank you.

Joe

May 21, 2020 at 12:02 pm #6186213

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks i am able to reproduce the issue, I have requested assistance from the second tier I will keep you posted once i have an update from them.

Kind regards
Raja

May 25, 2020 at 12:29 am #6205975

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The issue has been escalated to second tier i have noticed that the users have some restricted access in the site, Would you please let us know how the restrictions can be lifted for any specific user.

May 25, 2020 at 1:24 am #6206019

Joe Westcott

Hi Raja, what restrictions are you experiencing? I believe that the “wpml” login ID has Administrator permissions, but please let me know if not.

May 25, 2020 at 5:27 am #6207099

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The login does not seem to have access to add New Plugin to the site, hidden link Not sure if that is due to any restriction.

May 27, 2020 at 12:54 am #6223991

Joe Westcott

I'm not aware of any restrictions but I can help.

Can you check whether the 'wpml' user is an Administrator?

If not, I can export a new copy of the site. Maybe I sent the wrong one somehow.

If 'wpml' _is_ in the Administrator role on that site, then maybe Cloudways has added a restriction for test sites on the domain. I'm not sure.

May 27, 2020 at 7:14 am #6226411

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I can confirm the user wpml has administrative privilege, I am not sure Cloudways can control the role restriction on a cloned site, I have never heard on any cases before.

May 28, 2020 at 2:02 am #6234175

Joe Westcott

Hi Raja, this might be related to the DISALLOW_FILE_MODS setting in wp-config.php. I'd recommend that you reset the wp-config.php file on your server, to see if that solves the problem.

I also noticed that Cloudways makes changes to the plugins as part of the migration, adding the stock Akismet and hello.php plugins, and there's also a set of errors in Cloudways when you first visit the list of plugins at this URL:

hidden link

`The plugin breeze/breeze.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.`

`The plugin bv-cloudways-automated-migration/cloudways.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.`

I'm not sure what Cloudways does to alter the environment as part of their migration tool, but you might start by resetting wp-config.php, and then ask Cloudways for help if you still have a problem with their migration.

I've confirmed that on our server, the wpml account has the ability to add plugins. You can test this for yourself, with the credentials provided earlier.

Thank you,
Joe

May 28, 2020 at 2:05 am #6234209

Joe Westcott

If it helps, I re-copied the site to Cloudways tonight, in case there was a problem with the previous migration.

I also logged into the Cloudways site with my own login account, and found that I also lacked the ability to add plugins when logged into the Cloudways server.

May 28, 2020 at 10:18 am #6237819

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Our second tier managed to get a hold of the issue, As you suspected this is related to settings to no longer translate on ACF field groups. I am getting more details from the developer on a possible way to fix this.

May 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm #6251777

Joe Westcott

Raja, I've done a bit more troubleshooting if it might help.

I was hoping to find a WP CLI command to refresh page content, but so far I've been unable to refresh the pages in a way that fixes this problem, when I use 'wp post update'.

So I tried another idea to update page content in bulk, to see if that might solve the problem. Here are the steps that I tried:

1. In WordPress wp-admin, I went to Pages, and browsed down to one of the affected pages.
2. I then "bulk" updated that page by selecting the Edit option from the Bulk Actions dropdown.
3. I pressed Apply, and then hit the Update button.

This updated the "post_modified" and "post_modified_gmt" values for the page, but the missing content is still missing.

So then I found this WPML support form post which describes a problem that's a little similar in some ways:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/programatically-update-all-translations-i-have/

I followed these steps:
* Go to Dashboard → WPML → Support;
* Click on troubleshooting link;
* Click on the Clear the cache in WPML button;
* Click on the Remove ghost entries from the translation tables button;
* Click on the Set language information button.

This also failed to fix the missing content.

If it helps, here's a screencast video where I walk through the troubleshooting steps, if you'd like to see what I tried:

hidden link (7m 11s)

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

May 30, 2020 at 6:42 pm #6257053

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hello there,

The update scripts may not work since it wont update the ACF field values for the post. As far i see the only possible option is to update the post manually so that appropriate ACF fields are updated in the databse.

I have requested our second tier supporter to give a more clear explanation on this issue he might probably leave a reply on this ticket. I would suggest you can wait for a reply from the second tier.

Kind regards
Raja