This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 30, 2019 at 11:12 am #4114055

adrianS-30

I did the following:
1. Set the option "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" for "Pages (page)" in "Settings" -> "Post Types Translation"
2. Created a page without German translation
3. Opened that page with German active (?lang=de in URL)

I expected to see:
A (German) sentence saying that this page is only available in English.

Instead, I got:
"This post is also available in: English (Englisch)"
And below the content of the English page content.

Hope this will be fixed soon with a plugin update. How to fix it now?
Thanks.

June 30, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4114185

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1. If you want to change string text in default language, in this case first you need to edit it under WPML >> Languages >> Links to translation of posts >> click on blue pencil icon to Edit Post Translations Language Switcher: hidden link

2. Then you will need to find this update text of default language in WPML >> String Translation (see attached screenshot). Please note that when you update text of any string in Default Language switcher, its text will also be changed as a string.

- Also please make sure to select “Translation is complete” checkbox and press Save.

- Under which Domain / Context you are translating this string? You need to translate this string under Domain called: WPML : hidden link

Please try above steps and let us know if you need further help with this.
Thank you

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] "This post is also available in: English (Englisch)" is displayed incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.