Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 17, 2021 at 1:20 am #9604535

sandroR-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to translate the stripe text to Spanish and also change the rates from USD to MXN, you can take a look at this page on the Spanish version of the site, when you go to "Our villas" page and then book a villa, it will take you to the checkout page, scroll down at the very bottom and you will see the text I need to change and also the rates (image 1 attached)

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I've tried to follow multiple topics on your support tickets but any of these works for me.
There is one post saying I have to go to the "Translate texts in admin screens" and change it from that page, but I'm not able to do that since the file seems to be locked. (image 3 attached)

I also changed the text on the string translation (image 2 attached) and delete cache several times but still doesn't work

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Thank you!

image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
September 17, 2021 at 12:14 pm #9608347

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

First of all, I'd suggest you update your WPML version, since version 4.4.10 is not optimized for WordPress 5.8. The current version is 4.4.12

I can also see your WP Memory Limit is set at 40M, so you're probably affected by this https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translated-strings-showing-up-on-the-front-end-of-my-site/
Can you please try to increase the memory and retranslate the strings as explained in the page I linked?

September 17, 2021 at 6:04 pm #9610211

sandroR-8

I'm not even able to update the plugin, I tried to follow the steps on this ticket but there's no "check again" button

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-when-trying-to-update/

photo_2021-09-17_13-04-10.jpg
September 17, 2021 at 10:19 pm #9610719

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

You should be able to check for updates from Plugins > Add new > Commercial and also update the plugins from there, or if there's any server configuration that doesn't allow you to do that, you can create a full website backup first, then go here (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) > download the plugins manually > and after disabling and removing the current WPML plugins on the site, please upload the new ones > install them and activate them.

Then follow the steps that my colleague mentioned above.

Please let us know how that goes.

Mihai Apetrei

September 18, 2021 at 7:22 pm #9613001

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

If you still need assistance on this matter, please provide access as an admin user after taking a reliable backup of your site and database.

Make sure that you have all plugins updated.

The private reply form is enabled in order to provide the credentials.

Best regards
Andreas

September 21, 2021 at 6:36 pm #9631067

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

About the site key it says:

"Invalid site key for the current site."

Please go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/ and delete the registered URL. Then register it again in order to obtain a new site key.

After that use the new site key to register WPML at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and make sure to update the WPML plugins to their latest versions.

Then our add-on WooCommerce Multilingual was disabled, which is designed for maintaining compatibility between WooCommerce and WPML. I have enabled it on your site.

When checking the Spanish Checkout the text "Pay with your credit card via Stripe" is actually translated to "Pagar con tarjeta via Stripe". See screenshot.

In order to use different currencies, you will need to enable the multi-currency feature at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Multi Currency.

More details here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

Let me know if you do have further questions.

Best regards
Andreas

stripe text.jpg
September 22, 2021 at 5:13 pm #9639987

sandroR-8

Hello Andreas, ok I got the new site keys and thank you for enable the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.

I'm not sure where is that translation you show in the screenshot attached but that's not the one i need.

This is how you can get to the section I need to translate:

1. Go to this page and select check in / check out dates (hidden link)
2. Click on the blue button under dates selection
3. If dates are available it's going to display a text saying it is available for those days, you have to click on confirm button (image 1 attached)
4 . It will take you to the checkout page, I circled in red the section I need to translate (image 2 attached)

Best regards.

image2.jpg
image1.jpg
September 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm #9640821

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Here is how I translated those strings:

Those strings are coming from the theme, so we could scan the theme for new strings, but this also adds strings to String Translation that we most likely are not going to translate.

At WPML -> String Translation I enabled the option " Look for strings while pages are rendered" on the left bottom of the page. Then I went to the Spanish Checkout and refreshed the page.

While loading the page again WPML scans the site for strings. Then I disabled the option " Look for strings while pages are rendered" again, which is important, as it uses a lot of processes, and finally I used the text search field on WPML -> String Translation to locate the strings.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards
Andreas

September 24, 2021 at 1:02 am #9649937

sandroR-8

Hi Andreas, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it, it's translated now.

About multi currency, I'm still not able to setup properly, I even created a fixer.io API key for the exchange rates and select "show currencies based on site language" option but still not working. I don't know what's missing?

FireShot Capture 34.png
September 24, 2021 at 5:09 am #9651311

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please provide me more details about what you are expecting to see? As far I see the currencies are converted when we switch it while visiting an English product. See screenshot.

But I can see that when we are on a Spanish product, we can not change to USD. Is this the issue you refer to?

If so I might need to take a copy of the site for testing and I will split this request into a new ticket, as we are concerned to handle only one issue per ticket.

Please let me know if you would like to add something. In the meantime, I will begin taking a copy of the site for testing.

Best regards
Andreas

Best regards
Andreas

us.jpg
mx.jpg
September 24, 2021 at 6:30 am #9651785

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

For now, I would suggest setting the default currency for each language to "keep" as you can see on my screenshot.

Changing currency will work as expected this way, with the only side effect, that when a customer switches from EN to ES he will remain to see USD but will be able to switch to MXN.

On the copy of your site, the issue remains even when running the site only with WPML and the Twenty Twenty One Theme.

I will be setting up a test site and try to recreate the issue, check our escalated queue, and in case I can recreate it, I will also test with our upcoming WPML release candidate for WPML 4.5 to see if the issue was solved already.

As soon I am done with those tasks I will contact you again.

Best regards
Andreas

set to keep.jpg
September 24, 2021 at 8:04 pm #9657293
sandroR-8

Hi Andreas, yeah, exactly, the rates must be displayed in pesos if the client switch to spanish and USD if the client is on the english version.

I'm a bit confused, are you going to run some test for this, right?

Are we still going to communicate within this ticket or a new one?

Thank you!

September 24, 2021 at 10:45 pm #9657623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, indeed.

I just wrote you to make sure that I am understanding the issue correctly and I wanted to provide a workaround in the meantime.

I have now opened a new ticket and once I have made more tests I will contact you there:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wcml-currency-does-not-change-to-default-on-second-language-if-default-currency-is-set/

Please consider this ticket as closed, as we try to handle only one issue per ticket, which will help other users of the forum to find quick answers on similar issues.

I hope for your understanding.

Best regards
Andreas