This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Unable to use ATE because the user does not have the permission

Solution: Try to give the permissions from 'translation manager' to 'translator' and then sync the translators here by clicking on it : https://take.ms/AmeO0

Then try to translate a new job.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by douglasF-4 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 6:38 am #3532237

douglasF-4

I am trying to:
Use the advanced translation manager to translate pages, posts, products.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Avanced translation manager UI
Instead, I got: Classic translation manager UI, with message: "This site can use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor, but you did not receive permission to use it. You are still translating with WPML's classic translation editor. Please ask your site's Translation Manager to enable the Advanced Translation Editor for you."

April 4, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3537623

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Try to give the permissions from 'translation manager' to 'translator' and then sync the translators here by clicking on it : hidden link

Then try to translate a new job.

Let me me know how it goes.

Regards,

April 4, 2019 at 6:42 pm #3537775

douglasF-4

I had to do it a few times, adding another translator and syncing it, removing the first translator and syncing it, then adding the first back again and syncing. Anyways it works now, thank you