This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4037485

francoisG-21

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We are using WPML for site translations. This is causing thousands of extra pages to be created with an infinite loop as seen in the uploaded image. The spikes in the graph correspond with the reenabling of the WPML plugin.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

June 18, 2019 at 7:53 am #4041071

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Francois,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if this is happening right after you activate the WPML plugin or do you need to edit a translation, for example? Also, are these newly created pages appearing in the website? If yes, are the showing on the dashboard area (under pages)? Last but not least, can you try to deactivate all the plugin except WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen) and tell me if this is still happening? I just want to make sure that this is not a compatibility issue between one of the plugins or theme that you're using and WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

June 19, 2019 at 10:10 am #4050543

francoisG-21

Hi Radu,
To answer your questions, this happens right after activating the plugin, these new pages are not appearing in the website, they do not show on the dashboard area. Also, activating a default theme and deactivating all plugins except WPML does not solve the problem.
Thanks

June 19, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4051917

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Francois,

As I can see, that message says about index.php/contact. Is there anything else except for that part on that text? I just need to know a bit more about that error in order to investigate it (since nothing appear on WordPress). Can you ask that platform support some more about that spike so I can understand why does it mean and why is it happening, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Thousands of extra pages are being created that have a 403 error’ is closed to new replies.