This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 8:02 pm #3945823

yvanM-2

The WPML automatically create thousands of the same page, around 1200+ of [FR] Inscription

Happen each time i save or create a new page.

Happen also when creating or translating new shop product.

June 3, 2019 at 11:22 pm #3946499

yvanM-2

I tried changing the theme to an official one.
That worked, but i do not want those theme, i want the one i have.
It was working properly before i add WPML, then i added the blog version and it started not from start but at one point to duplicate a lot of pages.
Then i tough maybe it's because its too low version and so upgraded to CMS version but it disn't changed anything.

June 3, 2019 at 11:59 pm #3946549

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This may be a compatibility issue with your theme. I noticed that your theme is not on our list of officially supported themes: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

So that I can test, I'll need your theme. Also, what steps did you take to make the problem happen? Did you just enable WPML and these pages were created?

Please, could you send me your theme so that I can test it? You can send the zipped file to your server and send me the link, for example.

Thank you.

June 5, 2019 at 12:11 am #3955875

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. When I try to access the link you posted it appears that the site can not be accessed. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Also, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

June 19, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4052073

yvanM-2

We put it back online and have still same problem. 3400 + translated [FR] Inscription pages after a new user come in.

If you can send a hidden message i will give you the login infos if you want to check.

June 20, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4060323

Bruno
Supporter

Sure. Your next message will be private so you can submit the new credentials.

Thank you.

June 23, 2019 at 6:21 pm #4073477

yvanM-2

Sorry made a mistake our site is hidden link i wrote http instead in last message.

June 24, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4079809

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Also, what steps should I follow to see the problem? Should I simply edit a new page or save the contents of an existing page and the problem happens?

Thank you.

June 25, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4085981

yvanM-2

Yes every time i remove all the duplicated pages and i am back at like 100 pages if i create a new page or edit and save an old one it start duplicate thousands of pages.

And yes you can install what you need to resolved it, thats not a problem.

June 27, 2019 at 12:38 am #4095391

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I've installed All in One Migration plugin and I did a copy of your site. I will install it on my test environment and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

June 27, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4101395

Bruno
Supporter

I tried to replicate the problem you're reporting, but I could not. First I removed all the pages that were generated "[FR] title". Then I edited a page in the default content and no other page was created. Should I take another step?

Maybe this happens only when you edit some specific page?

Thank you.

June 28, 2019 at 12:14 am #4103255

yvanM-2

No it just start this after page creation but if you say it doesnt do it, did you tried to add a new user? Maybe it come from that since it create inscription pages [fr] inscription and now also [fr] List of all clans for selected game they are both user related i think.

July 1, 2019 at 9:45 pm #4122233

Bruno
Supporter

Unfortunately, I still do not trust to replicate the problem. Would it be possible, please, to record a screencast of the steps you follow? Or in detail post the steps you follow?

Would it be possible, please, to record a screencast of the steps you follow? Or in detail, post the steps you follow?

At the moment I tried to create a new user, add a new page, edit a page in the default language and edit a page in the secondary language. In no case was the content generated as on your site.

Another action should also be to disable all plugins except WPML and check if the problem persists on your server.

Thank you.

July 3, 2019 at 6:29 am #4132245

yvanM-2

did you use the "social login" Facebook or Steam to create a new user?
Because when i restarted from scratch it wasnt duping pages until some new users were added and they all join using social login, mostly steam and my wife joinned via Facebook.

July 4, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4145433

Bruno
Supporter

In my test environment, this still does not happen. Just as a test, have you ever tried to normally access the site or create a user normally, without using social login to test?

Ideally, it would be interesting if possible to disable all non-WPML plugins and verify that the problem will persist on your server. Then just turn on the social login and try again to see how this will behave.

Also, in your previous post, you posted: I tried changing the theme to an official one.
That worked, but i do not want those theme, i want the one i have.
. In this case, the problem may not be related to the social login. So it's important to test only with your theme and with WPML to see if the problem will persist on your server.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Thousands of [fr] Inscription pages…’ is closed to new replies.