This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4232099

robertT-24

I am trying to: minimize and prioritize the string translations for our translator

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: only the string translations for the plugins and themes I selected

Instead, I got: string translation entries for every single text option in WP core and every plugin and all admin side

July 17, 2019 at 10:41 pm #4233739

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

that is an expected behavior
usually default admin strings and theme strings or any string that an .mo file exists will be picked up in String Translation and translated otherwise admin strings and default strings wouldnt show up as translated

also within WPML->String Translation -> Auto Register you can exclude domains as well.

your translators can filter through either using the search or the filter by context in the String Translation dashboard

The topic ‘[Closed] Thousands of string translations added for admin section/core of WP’ is closed to new replies.