This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm having a compatibility problem with Thrive Leads. The problem occurs like this: when I open a new form the loading screen of Thrive Architect (form builder) gets stuck, it loads endlessly.

Solution: The Thrive Architect plugin is not marked as being compatible with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so there might be some issues between those two. In order to create a new form, you can temporary deactivate WPML. Editing the form works well so this will be needed only when creating a new form.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by niklasB-9 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 8:52 am #4328277

niklasB-9

Hello,

I'm having a compatibility problem with Thrive Leads. The problem occurs like this: when I open a new form the loading screen of Thrive Architect (form builder) gets stuck, it loads endlessly. When I deactivate the WPML plug-in and try it again, there are no problems. With an activated WPML I am able to edit existing forms, the problem only occurs when I want to create a new one.

I've written in the Thrive Leads support forum, they confirmed the problem and asked me to ask you whether you know the reason for the problem. Otherwise, I shall get back to them. I've seen that there are other threads with similar problems, but I couldn't find any solution that worked for me.

Can you assist?

Best regards,
Niklas

August 2, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4330039

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Niklas,

As you may know, this Thrive Architect builder is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so there might be some issues here and there.

However, the issue you described sounds a bit strange since it's only happening when trying to create new forms, and not when editing the existing ones. I'm not familiar with this issue so it's hard to say what might be causing it.
Can you give me a few more details about the steps that I need to take in order to see this issue, please? I have access to the dashboard area from a previous ticket and I just need to know what I should do in order to see this issue. I want to have a closer look and see if I can see anything suspect.

Thanks,
Radu

August 3, 2019 at 8:44 am #4334243

niklasB-9

Hello Radu,

thank you for taking a look.
The steps that lead to the problem are as following:
1. Open Thrive Leads Dashboard
2. "Add New" Lead Shortcode
3. "Edit" it
4. Click "Create Form"
5. Click "Edit it"

Then the Thrive Architect (the editor) opens and remains in loading screen.
If one disables WPML and follows the same steps, it works.

Best regards,
Niklas

August 5, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4340683

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

This is what I was trying to do, but without editing the form, I was just adding it. Now, I tried to edit it too and everything worked fine for me. Here's the shortcode I created: hidden link and I added the blank template form. Can you try to edit the form and tell me if it works for you too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 5, 2019 at 11:58 pm #4343237

niklasB-9

Hey Radu,

yes, I can edit the form you created. But I don't understand how you created it. If I follow the steps in the post above, the editor freezes in the loading screen. What do you mean by you just add the form and not edit it?

Thanks,
Niklas

August 7, 2019 at 9:31 am #4353199

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

What I was trying to say in my previous message is that the first time I checked this issue, I was just adding a form but I wasn't trying to edit it. I just tried to add a new form to the test Thrive Lead and I could see that this error appears in the browser console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (). It seems that this link is the one that the plugin tries to access but with no luck hidden link.

Is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the plugin so I can install it on my side and see if I can replicate this issue, please? As I mentioned before, this Thrive Leads plugin was never tested by our compatibility team so there might be some issues between those two. However, I just want to see how things work when I use the plugin on a clean install.

Thanks,
Radu

August 8, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4362709

niklasB-9

Hello Radu,

unfortunately I cannot send you a copy, it's connected to my specific website and there are no free trials available.
Do you have another suggestion? If not, I'll close this ticket. Maybe in the future there will be compatibility between the two plugins.

Thank you,
Niklas

August 12, 2019 at 11:39 am #4380393

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

I looked for a fix on this but I couldn't find anything to make the issue go away. I think that the only solution is to temporary deactivate the WPML plugin just when you want to create a new form, and then activate back WPML. Everything seems to be working fine after you create the form (and edit it).

Thanks,
Radu

August 12, 2019 at 11:49 am #4380461

niklasB-9

Hello Radu,

alright. Thank you. I will do it like that then.

Best regards,
Niklas