This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My posts are not showing up in my secondary language.

Solution: Please go to WPML -> Media Translation, set the featured image to duplicate and then run the sync. Then update the translated page.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 7:06 pm

nissanP

I am trying to:

Translated English pages into Chinese. When doing so, the Chinese version page is well created , the written content is also present, but the medias of the original English page like thumbnails pictures or background pictures are not displayed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

all "News" thumbnails are missing in the Chinese part, same with the thumbnails of the "education guides category.

Also:
hidden link

The background picture of the translated page is missing.

I expected to see:
hidden link

and

hidden link

May 9, 2018 at 7:22 pm #2060484

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I believe the posts are missing the thumbnail images because the translated posts do not have the featured image uploaded (see attached screenshot). Please try uploading the featured image and let me know if this resolves the issue. You can also use WPML media translation to copy the featured image to your translations.

As for the background image, it looks like this content is set in the page settings. To do this for your translation, please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup. Here, in the first section, switch from using the translation editor to manual translation. Now, when you edit the translation, you will see the native WordPress page editor and you can set the background image settings (screenshot attached).

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 10, 2018 at 4:15 pm #2076874

nissanP

"You can also use WPML media translation to copy the featured image to your translations."

and we did that already it didn't help. Setting featured images manually would take a lot of time, as there's an insane number of images on the site. What are other options?

Many thanks in advance,

May 10, 2018 at 4:54 pm #2077524

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

When you go to WPML -> Media Translation, set the featured image to duplicate and then run the sync. Then update the translated page. Does that now show the correct featured image? Please keep in mind this will only work for featured images, not images within the content.

Also, before doing this, please increase the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */