This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4332025

daneelM

Hello.

My thread (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-custom-posts-not-opening/) was marked closed before I got a response.

Could I double check that I will get a reply regarding the issue.

Thanks.

August 4, 2019 at 1:32 am #4335095

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I'm sorry for the inconvenient with the other ticket. It shouldn't have been closed so I asked to check why this happened. I'll try to see if I can reopen the other one since all your debug information are there.

In the meantime, I'll try to give you some suggestion here.
I see you created a multisite, so I'm not even sure why you are using WPML on your subdomain - if I try to change language to English I go hidden link but all the content is in Russian here - even if the default language is English.

As you said, the issue could be with Oxygen or with Broadcast plugin - the fact that the issue happens in the dafault language could be a likely indication of this.
Please try to deactivate WPML on your subdomain and see if you still have the issue. If you do, it's likely not WPML related.

August 6, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4350117

daneelM

Hello!

I will explain my process:

WPML and oxygen do not play nice.

The workaround for oxygen templates does not really suffice when you need translated archive pages with facet searches, etc and to manually assign templates to posts.

I have had a bit of bother with the two previously and could not get it to work nicely so I am attempting a bit of a different workaround where they interact minimally.

I have 400+ posts with custom fields which update and change every day, therefore I am trying to automate the process as much as possible.

My Idea was to have all the translation done on the main site and broadcast the russian translated posts to a copy of the site (with templates, etc manually translated to russian) on a subdomain without WPML installed on it (see screenshot).

I attempted doing it by exporting the "russian" posts and importing them into the subdomain (bypassing the broadcast plugin) and it now displays correctly. However it will still not display on the main site using the default template.

This makes me think that the issue might be with WPML because:

Still doesn't appear without the broadcast.

Appears if exported and imported separately onto the subdomain containing a copy of the main site without WPML activated. Therefore containing the exact same Oxygen setup but simply with altered text.

Thanks!

August 7, 2019 at 10:30 am #4353843

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

from what you describe, the issue seems more related to the Broadcast plugin.

To rule out any interference with Oxygen, could you try to create some post with the default WordPress editor, translate it and see if broadcasting works fine?

August 7, 2019 at 11:12 am #4354171

daneelM

Hello,

As I mentioned, I am now not using the broadcast plugin and using a manual import / export method as a quick fix for the time being.

"I attempted doing it by exporting the "russian" posts and importing them into the subdomain (bypassing the broadcast plugin) and it now displays correctly [on the subdomain]. However it will still not display on the main site using the default template."

Post made in english (hidden link)

Same post translated (hidden link)

Manually added "russian" test post displays fine too (hidden link)

Referring to screenshot - test post displays fine on front end, all others do not!

Currently the broadcasting isn't the priority it works for all other posts. But the issue is that those translated through ATE do not show display the data correctly (on the main site) even though their fields are populated.

If it does not display on the main site it will not on the subdomain. Hence why I am trying to resolve the issue on the main site first. So i guess lets ignore broadcast and subdomain for now if possible.

Thanks.

August 8, 2019 at 8:11 am #4360745

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

just a question, but is hidden link

a translation of hidden link

because if I click on the language switcher in both pages I go to the homepage. If they aren't translation, it might be the cause of the issue, the fields don't get correctly copied/translated.

May I ask for credentials so I can better check? If this is a multisite I'll need a superadmin user.

August 8, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4364919

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I checked your site, and the problem seems more related to ACF than to anything else.

So probably is the combination Oxygen + ACF + WPML that is not working well.
We should test this on a fresh installation. Could you please install here Oxygen and ACF? hidden link
If possible, please try to recreate the issue or explain how to set up the same configuration that is on your site.

August 13, 2019 at 10:21 am #4386975

daneelM

Hello.

Could you please be more specific? What did you check? What makes you believe the issue is with ACF? What / where exactly do you think the issue could be?

The statement "the combination Oxygen + ACF + WPML that is not working well." does not provide much insight into the issue.

If possible I would really appreciate detailed information. The same as I provide you.

My deadline for this is looming fast and I do not really have the time to replicate my whole site on a fresh installation. Please provide precise information.

Do you need templates set up the same way? Do you need all the custom fields and posts? Should i import them all through wpallimport the same way i do on my site?

I almost guarantee that it will work on a fresh install. As mentioned before, it was working fine with the first 20/30 translations and everything displays fine (can check for yourself if you go to the last page of the "russian" cruises and click one of them).

Therefore there was not an issue with oxygen, acf and wpml then and they are no different in any way. In order for me to replicate my issue I would have to sit and click through 400 cruises on the ATE with "automatic translation." Which took good few hours.

I believed that giving access to the site allows support to look at what might be going on in my specific case and find out where the issue could be on the setup I currently have. I could scrap everything and do it all from scratch with the hope that might work but then what is the point of support?

If it is truly necessary to set it up on a fresh install I will do but please provide information on what i need to include and how it will help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

August 13, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4388423

daneelM

Hello.

I just realised that I had "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" set to translatable in the settings, which after some reading, should have been set to "not translatable."

I also feel like I may have done this sometime between the first set of translations and the second. Could this be the cause?

After changing it back I tried to edit one of the cruises to see if it would resolve the issue, and now I am getting:

"Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML.

Please refer to the Translation Management dashboard for the exact status of this translation."

When opening the translation management it says that those translations are complete (see screenshot).

Can I update all translations with the changed settings?

Thanks.

August 13, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4388881

daneelM

Sorry for the bombardment!

In WPML -> translations everything is now set to "needs update" which is what i was looking for last time.

After updating a few of them the same issue occurs.

I tried to update a random selection.

A few appear, and a few do not. If you are to click "view" you will see the results.

For example:

hidden link

and

hidden link

I am simply struggling to see what the difference could be and what it could be caused by.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

August 13, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4389335

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm Itamar from the WPML support team. I'm writing to inform you that Laura is on vacation and will be available next week.

Since it is a long thread and the Laura has already checked many things it would be better to wait for her reply on this issue.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

August 13, 2019 at 5:15 pm #4390061

daneelM

Hello.

I am in a hurry with things and really need to get this fixed by the end of the week.

It would mean a lot and would be greatly appreciated, if someone could step in to help sort it out in her absence.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to be rude it is simply a matter of urgency.

Thanks.

August 18, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4412461

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late reply, but last week we had reduced support since the 15th is a holiday in most countries.

I didn't give you more detailed information because I don't have them. I checked your site but I couldn't do extensive tests since we only do them on a copy where we have full control of.

I saw that the fields that don't get copied/translated are coming from ACF (while you just mentioned Oxygen as being involved). If they worked BEFORE you installed Oxygen - like you are saying - something must have happened in between.

Currently, we have several internal tickets about automatic copying with ACF so your issue could be related to these - but if that's the case they should be reproducible.

If you think this is not reproducible on a fresh installation, I'd need a copy of the site for further testing - more specifically to see what happens without Oxygen.

Please send me a copy of the site (not the whole multisite, just the site interested with the issue) and I'll see if I can find a correspondence with an already existing issue.

August 27, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4468137

daneelM

Hello.

So I have discovered some information. After speaking to WPAllExport, they have discovered that:

"ACF stores two values for a field, one referencing the hashed name for the field & one that contains the field value. For example: hidden link

The problem is that for some reason, some of your cruises only have one field present (the field containing the field value), the field containing the hashed field name is missing, like what you see here: hidden link - as a result, the field data isn't present when exporting."

(I was trying to simply export the Russian translated cruises to a subdomain so this is related to those cruises created by WPML)

ACF responded with:

"it's possible that there was some other script or plugin that affected the post meta records or altered how the ACF plugin saves its data.

Is it possible that this may have happened during the "translation" of the cruises?

Have there been any issues with WPML affecting these underscored fields before or is there any setting that may have altered this or not carried these across to the "translated" posts?

I have attached a screenshot of the current settings within ACF. Within the repeater everything is set to copy.

I also noticed that within the Russian posts the "fields value in original language" is missing, despite each value being translated / copied correctly. (screenshot attached)

Additionally, these hashed fields do no appear in the settings and the field groups option is set to "non translatable."

The thing is, now all I am wanting to do is be able to correctly export the "russian" cruises. The original ones can be exported fine, its just the ones created by WPML in which I cannot export the repeater fields correctly due to the above issue.

Thanks.

August 28, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4474519

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation, now I have clearer ideas.

However, since this is a compatibility issue with ACF, WP All Export and WPML, we still need to reproduce it in a fresh installation, and only when I have it I can send the ticket to the compatibility team.

Could you install WP All Export, ACF and configure WPML here: hidden link
If you manage to reproduce the issue we can check it further.

The topic ‘[Closed] Ticket Closed Before Answer’ is closed to new replies.