Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 31, 2020 at 5:17 am #6258309
fernandoG-11

Hi Alejandro,

I'm asking for details about your database because I am hoping that I can provide you a file in a format that you specify (TMX, CSV, SQL, etc...) that you can use to then import our translations so we don't have to transfer the content manually. You don't need to give me details about the server or whatever, just help me get the content into the ATE using some sort of automation. I am happy to pay almost any price for this, because it will almost certainly be cheaper than paying staff for weeks of manual copy/paste work.

Anyway, I followed your instructions again. It didn't work, again. I recorded a video, again...

hidden link

Please consider doing a call with me, we could have this resolved much faster and save both my time and yours. These videos are great, but our time difference (I am in New Zealand) makes it extremely inefficient. Anyway, if you want to record another video using this site, you can use your existing credentials to log in to this server as well. Please be careful on this one, we have made backups but it is the site we use to build to static.

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/stuck-translation-in-advanced-translation-editor/

June 1, 2020 at 9:56 am #6264481

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

I understand the problem with the timezones and that's also why it's difficult for me to have a call (plus we're not allowed to do this).

This is what the developer told us:

We need translations for each individual segment and segmentation is generated by us using a proprietary algorithm, so chances that he has the translation for each segment are low.

Then he mentions

also, we keep everything encoded in xliff 1.2 format, where all html is stripped out and replaced with XLIFF "G" and "X" tags

This is why his translation is not compatible