Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 18, 2020 at 9:23 pm #6407767

davidP-33

we have several isues with skiracingcamps.ch

When using pagebuiler and Publish the page is loading the changes and generate a timeout in your logs error apication:

[Wed Jun 17 23:21:09.410435 2020] [:warn] [pid 46826] [client 81.0.32.76:53806] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/freerid8/public_html/www.skiracingcamps.ch/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, referer: hidden link

We have contacted the server and followed his instructions to disable all problems. We detected that the problem arises when WPML MULTILINGUAL CMS is active. Its something in this pluggin tha crashed our page.

Also we have an excesive database with two tables wp_icl_translation_status and wp_icl_translate more than 400mb. We exclude all string in "Auto register strings.." but the problem goes on and the database doesnt decrease.

can you help us?

June 19, 2020 at 8:22 am #6410469

davidP-33

Hi,

Thank for the reply.

we have reviewed your recommendations and we currently have the latest version of the multilingual cms and all the recommendations of php and memory limit

Our problem is not found in the conversation forums

We would appreciate more personalized attention and that you can review our site, tell me how we can do this. We have a serious problem with the wmpl configuration on our site.

Best regards

June 22, 2020 at 7:43 am #6423749

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can ask the hosting support to send the other server log? The information they sent here seems to be the log from mod_security, which may not provide us with the exact information on what is going on.

Please do this as well:

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue - try updating any page where timeout occurs.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 10 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 22, 2020 at 10:16 am #6424943

davidP-33

Hi Bruno,

the log error is on debug file: [07-Apr-2020 15:16:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /home/freerid8/public_html/www.skiracingcamps.ch/wp-content/themes/kallyas-new/archive.php on line 14
TeN erro in server logs

[Mon Jun 22 11:58:44.847449 2020] [:warn] [pid 29494] [client 212.170.221.98:47888] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/freerid8/public_html/www.skiracingcamps.ch/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, referer: hidden link

We need to disable wmpl to pagebuilder. When we publish changes in page biulder, we have a lot of strings creating. we think that timeout come from here

how can we disable this strings to dont crete in our databse whe we use pagebuilder?

if you need ftp cresntail please tell me

June 22, 2020 at 10:32 am #6425093

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I ask you the following? In order to debug this issue, I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could do this. I marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 22, 2020 at 12:08 pm #6425917

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if this is what you are reporting? I am seeing the same thing on my localhost, however it happens without WPML as well. It looks like it is not a timeout, but some JavaScript error in the console, related to page builder itself.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

here.jpg
errors in console.jpg
no wpml.jpg
June 22, 2020 at 7:26 pm #6429285

davidP-33

Hi Bruno, thanks for the reply

i have solved the javascript error and the problem still go on.

i have tried another time to "publish" in page builder without WPML Multilingual CMS pluggin. The loop disapears and we dont have a timeout. (picture enclosed)

Please tried this. When we have this wpml pluggin on our page does not work correctly.

If you need ftp credential please tell me

Best regards

wpml multilingual cms.png
June 23, 2020 at 6:17 am #6431815

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask how did you resolve the JavaScript issue, so that I could apply the same fix my localhost and resume testing this?

Because if not working for me, then I'm unable to see the conflict with WPML and timeouts.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 23, 2020 at 5:31 pm #6437185

davidP-33

Hi Bruno

You have to edit the html box on pagebuilder (image)

in the line 280 to the end replace with this code below

<div class="panel panel-default">
<div class="panel-heading" role="tab" id="headingEleven">
<h4 class="panel-title">
<a class="collapsed" role="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-parent="#accordion" href="#collapseEleven" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="collapseEleven">
<span class="title-toogle">General Terms and Conditions</span>
<i class="more-less glyphicon glyphicon-plus">
</a>
</h4>
</div>
<div id="collapseEleven" class="panel-collapse collapse" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="headingEleven">
<div class="panel-body" style="padding-left: 20px;">

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

June 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm #6437187

davidP-33

this custom html Box*

custom html.png
June 24, 2020 at 7:14 am #6441087

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to get the debug error after some trying and it was this one:

[24-Jun-2020 06:37:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 67108864) (tried to allocate 1310720 bytes) in C:\laragon\www\new4\wp-content\plugins\wpml-translation-management\classes\translation-jobs\class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 355
[24-Jun-2020 06:39:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 52428800) (tried to allocate 1310720 bytes) in C:\laragon\www\new4\wp-content\plugins\wpml-translation-management\classes\translation-jobs\class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 355

This is escalated to our 2nd tier team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 24, 2020 at 9:25 am #6442457

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

What is the result if you add this to functions.php:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Does the timeout happen then?

However we are still investigating what is going on in database.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 24, 2020 at 6:03 pm #6447007

davidP-33

Hi,

we have already this variables defined in our functions.php. the timeout still go on.

with the result of your review keep us informed

Best regards

June 25, 2020 at 5:58 am #6449481

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - I will keep you posted on how it goes. So far debugging found that within the postmeta table where the page builder keeps its meta, for post with Id 9635, and key zn_page_builder_els - there are 4 separate keys, with almost identical (if not identical) data - 25 items serialized. Other meta keys are also duplicated - like: _yoast_wpseo_title is present 7 times, zn_page_custom_css also 7 times.. and we are unsure what is behind this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 25, 2020 at 12:52 pm #6453179

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

There is something you can try as well, but only on a staging site if available, as it may be risky operation to perform:

- check the post ID
- check meta table for that post ID and key, for example: "zn_page_builder_els"
- Remove lower number IDs of the meta and leave only the last ID of the key : - "zn_page_builder_els"
- Try the process again and see if it helps.

It seems like this is theme fault in fact and we are still checking why it doesn't work well with WPML translation editor.

Regards,
Bruno Kos