Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fulvioP 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 11, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2090686

fulvioP

I'm try to translate two text in two boxes and two link over two image.
In other pages all is quiet ok but in this no because I dont have any field where I can input the translation.
This is the page : hidden link
In the screenshot in attachment I put red circles on the Items that I cannot translate.

May 14, 2018 at 5:15 am #2110871

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please make sure you are using the custom shortcodes for these *title* & *image*? If so we have to add custom language configuration in WPML>>Translation Manageemnt>>Custom XML configuration.

Please check the following documentation and sample code for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/overriding-language-configuration-files/

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>custom_shortcode</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 14, 2018 at 7:32 am #2111784

fulvioP

Hello sorry I dont understand about programming. I attach a screenshot for the objects that I cannot translate with wpml. Can you show or do the modification? Thank you

May 14, 2018 at 3:31 pm #2123888

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 8:48 am #2131982

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I went through the *Metro Line* page and its translation. Check the attached images, the title fields are listed for the translation in Translation Editor. Please check and make sure it.

Please add the following code in WPML>>Translation Manageemnt>>Custom XML configuration section. After that update the page and open the translation for edit. Then check the image ID is listed for the translation or not.

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>vc_single_image</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>image</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 8:59 am #2132450

fulvioP

Hi Bigul,
Thanks for your reply.
I put the xml but I dont see the link translation fields.
If load the page : hidden link
then change in English than on images and titles the I sa on first post the links are always to Italian language. I cannot translate them.
I hope you can understand me.
thank you

May 15, 2018 at 3:23 pm #2143466

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the Page and the custom language configuration. Now the Image ID and links are listed for translation. Please open the */piega-incolla-cartotecnica/metro-line/* page for translation in WPML Translation Editor and check you are getting the expected result or not.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2143861

fulvioP

Hello,
ok I translate all.
The link images are ok for italian to english but the titles no :
I put the righ links but if you hover the titles or you click you redirect to the same page.
Please check it.
Thank you

May 16, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2156927

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It is happening because The7 WPBakery Page Builder is using URL encoding for the *vc_cta* element links. It works for me after the following steps.

1) Clear the current translation of the *vc_cta* links
2) Copy the value from Italian
3) Encode the English URL using this web service - hidden link
4) Then copy and paste encoded URL between the *url:* & *|||* text of the translated URL value(the value copied from the original)

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 16, 2018 at 2:53 pm #2160096

fulvioP

Thank you Bigul for your support!
Your solution works but it's better that your staff solve this bug.
Thank you