Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
January 17, 2013 at 4:28 pm #97239

mirko

Hello, i have just purchased the plugin and installed on website
4 questions:

1) my homepage has no title, when i translate it to second language im forced to have a title. how to change it?
see pic 1

2) i dont understand why in the menu there is the primary language and instead if i click on secondary there is no more language in menu, but only on header

3) how to fix the height of language box in order to fit it in the blue header?

4) where is the option to put it in the header? i have not done anything and box was there...

ty

January 17, 2013 at 4:58 pm #97259

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Mirko,

It could be that there is "theme / WPML incompatibility" issue. What theme are you using please?
Is it listed here: http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ ?

Regarding 1) "no title on Homepage" - you mean the black box, next to "Home" to the left?

January 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm #97266

mirko

Hello Andreas,
im using Flare theme, from Themeforest and it is not listed on that link...

Regarding 1) i mean not the black box but, if u check picture n.1 you see homepage with primary language and no title and secondary language with title "no title?" to let u understand the difference. in the second i need to put a title but theme let it show...

January 18, 2013 at 11:42 am #97505

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Mirko,

Sorry - I'm still not 100% sure 🙂

> Could you provide me with a link to your website? (here or via private email)

> Where does the title originate from, does it come from a widget or rather theme option?

January 18, 2013 at 12:02 pm #97512

mirko

the title is page title from wordpress

if u give me private mail i will send you url of the site.

January 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm #97606

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Mirko,

Yes, this might be good, just to get an overview - I've just sent you an email for your reply.

January 22, 2013 at 2:08 pm #98279

mirko

any news?
i also sent you a mail.

January 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm #98320

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Mirko,

Thanks a lot - we had a look.
Actually, the best way to approach this would be through our "Go-Global" program.
We have a dedicated team with the right resources that tightly works with plugin/theme authors to make their theme compatible with WPML.
Usually it doesn't take long to complete this and make the theme fully compatible from the moment the theme author approach us.

Please ask the theme author to approach us and we will handle this right away.
The author contacts the program through this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program

Advantage for you: less stress, afterwards the issues you mention here will be gone
Advantage for theme author: more sales, being "WPML ready" makes the theme even more attractive

January 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm #98323

mirko

The theme as stated in this page
hidden link
is WPML compatible even tho it is not http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
here.

January 23, 2013 at 8:26 am #98446

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Mirko,

True, it mentions there - "VERSION 1.3.0 – Major update 6 June, 2012 # NEW - integration with WPML Plugin"
I've just sent you an email with details about how we could continue.

January 23, 2013 at 8:51 am #98461

mirko

ok Andreas,
i just answered you by email

January 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm #98561

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Mirko,

Thanks! Yes, I think this is a good idea.

The topic ‘[Closed] Title’ is closed to new replies.