Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 24, 2016 at 3:47 pm #845434

Weeboo

I am trying to delete the original posts keeping the translations

URL of (my) website where problem appears:hidden link

If I delete the original the translations are deleted right? I like to delete the original ones keeping the translations.

How can achieve that?

Thanks in advance.

March 25, 2016 at 9:40 am #845883

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please go to WPML->Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup ->Posts and pages synchronization and uncheck the "When deleting a post, delete translations as well" check box.

When this check box is checked, it will delete the translation when original is deleted. and only selected language post is deleted when this checkbox is unchecked.

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply.

Thanks