This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to translate text inside of the header and footer?

Solution: The footer and header can be translated with String Translation. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and try to locate the strings using the text search field. In case some strings are not available select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen. Now, search for the correct domain of your currently used theme or the plugin that was used to generate the text. Locate the stringsand mark the checkbox for each string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection. The strings are now available on String Translation.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tatyanaT 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 10:27 pm #3771439

tatyanaT

Hello! Please advise how I can translate the following:

1. this slogan in the header hidden link

2. The footer hidden link

- this is the link to my Russian version hidden link

thank yoU!

May 8, 2019 at 10:49 pm #3771465

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The footer and header can be translated with String Translation. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and try to locate the strings using the text search field. In case some strings are not available select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen.

Now, search for the correct domain of your currently used theme or the plugin that was used to generate the text.

Locate the stringsand mark the checkbox for each string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection.

The strings are now available on String Translation. More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 8, 2019 at 11:20 pm #3771493

tatyanaT

Hello! Thank you for a prompt reply!

About the footer:
The section ABOUT ME is a Flatsome Block "About me" .

I have created a translation for this Block in the admin panel and now I have English and Russian version of the text of this block.

Here - on English version of my site - we can see the text in English hidden link and on Russian version of my site we can see the text in Russian - hidden link

BUT the TITLE (about me) of the block still is in ENGLISH on both versions (I marked it with RED) or it can in Russian - I can set it manually in Flatsome customization panel hidden link or in a widget section in admin panel hidden link.

I have translated the title of the About me Widget in WPML String section hidden link

There's no any option to set a separate title for each language version of the site. If I leave the title blank, in hope that the system will identify automatically the proper title from BLOCK translation - it doesn't work, the title area is empty on the fron-end.

Thank yoU!

May 8, 2019 at 11:47 pm #3771553

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have now added the strings for the top bar and for the footer titles to String Translation.

Let me know if the translation worked out as expected.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 9, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3778311

tatyanaT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!