If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fatsandrew7 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 6:19 pm

fatsandrew7

i am using elementor pro to show a simple toggle section with a title.

the translation manager shows that elementor widget, and i am able to save the translation of that toggle title.

the problem is that when i publish the changes, the live page does not show the translation.

July 17, 2019 at 1:16 am #4224675

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look in your website and could confirm the issue, in some specifics cases, there are custom page builders modules that are not recognized by WPML Translation Editor, in these cases I recommend you to edit your spanish translation using the Elementor page builder in the website frontend (see attached screenshot). Doing so, you can edit these pieces of untranslated content and fix it easily. Please, let me know if it works for you or if you need any additional details and clarifications, have a nice day.

July 17, 2019 at 11:07 am #4229213

fatsandrew7

hello-

thank you - i have used that workaround in the past. in this case, however, wpml does in fact recognize the module (see screenshot attached).

i have tried editing the spanish version of the elementor template with the same result.

how is it that the translation engine recognizes the translated element and still does not replace it on the live site?

is there anything else that can be done?

July 17, 2019 at 5:32 pm
July 17, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4232621

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

July 17, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4233185

fatsandrew7

hi marcos-

the migration is ready.

andrew

July 18, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4241949

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I peformed a detailed investigation of your issue using the provided migrated copy and noticed besides the translation of the Our Team loop template itself, you still need to attach it to your translated our team page, so, here are the steps I took in your website in order to fix it.

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages I clicked to edit the Our People page.

2 - I changed to the spanish language using the top admin bar language switcher, then I clicked to edit the spanish page using the Elementor page builder. See attached screenshot (customer_screen_01).

3 - Then, using the Elementor page builder I assigned the translated 'Team Archived' loop template to this page and saved the changes. See attached screenshot (customer_screen_02).

4 - You can check the results at: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

July 18, 2019 at 10:51 pm #4242531

fatsandrew7

thanks, marcos! can't believe i didn't think of that since i've done that a hundred times 🙂