This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 2:46 pm

jhanten

I am trying to: Show a date format (June 21, 2019) and when I switch to my translated version it does not change to junio, but remains June.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the month text changed to the Spanish language on the Spanish side of the website.

Instead, I got: English all the time.

This appears to be a conflict with Elementor and WPML because other places on the site that is not using a Elementor Template the month is translating correctly. For example the main sesion page: hidden link
shows junio instead of June.

Steps I took:

Set up the Elementor Template in English to use Dynamic fields from Toolset for the date. Translated said template to show "static" content in Spanish. Discovered that the fields related to the date are not translated. Checked in the String Translation and everywhere I found June was already set to be junio. Not sure what else to do. It looks like all other dynamic fields are translating correctly.

For your convenience:

I have created a staging version of the website and provided the information to log into it below. You will need a privacy username and password to access the site. I have included it in the SFTP area in place of giving you SFTP access. I have never had luck sending you a duplicator package so I will leave that to you to download one if needed. Otherwise feel free to make any tests on the staging site. It will not effect the live site.

May 10, 2019 at 11:13 am #3783557

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

I tested this issue on a fresh installation and I can replicate the issue. To be further help on this issue, I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporters, one of the 2nd tier supporters will take a look at this issue quickly.

I will update you here as soon as I will have the further update.

Thanks

June 7, 2019 at 3:52 am #3973857

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Our 2nd tier support has provided feedback for the issue and suggested to use the following workaround:

- Go to \elementor-pro\modules\dynamic-tags\toolset\tags\toolset-date.php:L65

replace

$value = date( $date_format, $timestamp );

with

$value = date_i18n( $date_format, $timestamp );

Also, since the field rendering is done by the elementor plugin, they suggested to contact them once with the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar