Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by larsP-2 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
March 10, 2021 at 5:46 pm #8277621

larsP-2

Hello,

we're still having problems with the translations of the toolset repeatable field group information not showing on the frontend (Vorlesungen/Lectures).
I think this results from a bug of the WYSIWYG field in RFGs not working properly, because the problems only accured after we added this field (and sometimes accures in the contact information in the sidebar).
The translation is possible in the backend, but the results aren't showing in the frontend. The toolset view doesn't find any posts and instead shows the no-items-found text.

Examples:
German (default language, Lectures looking fine): hidden link
English (translation, Lectures not showing): hidden link

Everything is up to date and I reset the cache following these steps: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-repeatable-custom-fields-toolset-types-views-not-appearing/#post-4246975

I hope you can help.

Thank you and best regards,
Sean

March 12, 2021 at 10:24 am #8292287

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello, Sean

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

March 12, 2021 at 1:25 pm #8294351

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have taken a copy of your site and checked the settings and issue thoroughly, but I wasn't able to find the solution.

I suggest we try and reproduce the issue with some simple dummy data on the next clean sandbox. I have already set up and installed everything.

Can you please go to the next link and try to create a simple dummy example similar to your site. This will help speed up the process, and we make sure the same steps are used as when you are building your website, then if it happens there also, it would be easier to check or escalate as a bug to our developers.

You can use few text fields and just show them in view.

Link: hidden link

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Drazen

March 12, 2021 at 3:18 pm #8295397

larsP-2

Hello Drazen,

thank you.

I added the repeatable field group (with the WYSIWYG field where the problem is accuring), some additional custom fields, the view for the rfg and the template for displaying the post.
Then I added some example texts and see the same problem with displaying the translated rfg information. Please have a look and let me know how we can continue on this problem.

Best regards,
Sean

March 15, 2021 at 7:28 am #8307827

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sean,

thanks for getting back.

I can see the issue is reproduced.

But, I have tried to reproduce the same with a more simple example on Posts to see what is the problem, but it works fine. Maybe I am missing some steps here.

I have created custom fields with the WYSIWYG field as you mentioned and display them, it seems to work fine.

Can you please check and see if I am missing some steps in reproducing this issue on Posts?

Link: hidden link

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

March 16, 2021 at 8:19 pm #8325651

larsP-2

Hello Drazen,

I added two posts and did some tests on the view settings for the field group. I then "managed to break the output" again 😉

The setting shown in the screenshot breaks the output in the (now) German translation. I found this setting suggested by a supporter in a Toolset support ticket and therefore thought that this setting should be used and works.
It uses the later changable order of the field groups in the backend in the original language, but apparently causes problems in the translation.

I added the field groups 3 and 4 after changing the order setting here:
hidden link / hidden link

In the post I added after changing the order setting no field groups are output in the translation at all:
hidden link / hidden link

I hope I made it clear enough for you. How can we proceed?

Thanks and kind regards,
Sean

view-order-breaking-translated-output.png
March 17, 2021 at 7:56 am #8328537

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sean,

thanks for getting back, an amazing find!

I have checked the issue further and it seems this is an issue with Toolset custom field settings (toolset-post-sortorder), and it was already reported and scheduled for a permanent fix in one of the future versions of Toolset Types.

I have used the next steps on the sandbox site and it seems to fix the issue:

1) Make sure correct settings are set for Toolset post types (WPML > Settings)

- Types Groups (Not Transtable)
- Types User Groups (Not Transtable)
- Types Term Groups (Not Transtable)
- Views (Not Transtable)

2) Make sure your CPT settings is set to display as translated (default)

3) Go to WPML > Setting > Custom field translation and find toolset-post-sortorder and set this field to copy.

Edit the post and then update the translation this should fix the issue. If it doesn't work, then reorder fields and update the translation.

Sandbox examples:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Please check if this works on your live website and let me know how it goes.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

March 17, 2021 at 5:46 pm #8335907

larsP-2

Hello Drazen,

brilliant! Setting the field toolset-post-sortorder to copy and updating the posts made it work!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Sean