Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user wanted to translate the Toolset taxonomy label when we switch language from the top bar, the same way as the Toolset custom post type label. Solution: The labels should not translate when switching from the top bar, just like regular posts/pages do not translate unless the user defines another language in his profile. This is a bug in Toolset that makes the label translate, the bug is fixed in the recent release.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by albaC 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 14, 2020 at 10:22 am #5288389

albaC

Hi,

Please check my problem:

hidden link

Thanks!

Arnau

January 14, 2020 at 5:05 pm #5291631

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I could not find anything yet. I'll continue my debugging and get back to you tomorrow.

January 15, 2020 at 8:07 am #5295359
albaC

Ok, tell me how it goes. Thank you.

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-extra-products-options-translation/

January 16, 2020 at 9:10 am #5303841

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that the issue with translating "Projects" is caused by a compatibility conflict. With the local copy of your website, I was able to translate the projects after I deactivated all plugins except the following:
- Fusion Core
- Toolset Types
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

Please deactivate all plugins on your site or a test site and check, the issue will not be there anymore. Then reactivate the plugin one at a time and check with a new project each time to detect which plugin is causing this conflict.

Once we find the plugin that causes this issue, we'll try to reproduce it on our test sites, and escalate it to our compatibility team for further analysis.

For the other website issue. I am building a local copy and will get back to you.

January 16, 2020 at 9:25 am #5304083

albaC

Hi,

I've just disabled all the plugins as you said and I can't see the fields on the translation anyway. Please check the image.

January 16, 2020 at 9:56 am #5304357

albaC

Hi!

With the new projects it worked! There is no problem anywmore.

How can I do it to translate again the two first projects that we translated and doesn't appear the fields? Is it some way to delete and start the translation again? I send you an image to show you wich projects I mean.

Thanks!

January 16, 2020 at 10:27 am #5304573

Jamal
Supporter

You can delete the translations and start over. Check the attached image.
Note that you will need to delete the translations completely from the trash. Otherwise, inconsistencies might arise. Choose the Portuguese projects and enter the trash, then delete the translations completely from the trash.

If this does not help to translate these 2 projects, I suggest deleting them and creating them again, then translating them.

Let me know if there is still an issue.

January 16, 2020 at 10:57 am #5304715

albaC

Thanks a lot!

Did you find anything for the problem on this website 9sentits.com?

Thanks,

January 16, 2020 at 11:07 am #5304779

Jamal
Supporter

Not yet. I am still debugging it. However, for support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed.
I created the following ticket to handle the issue of the 9sentits.com website:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-extra-products-options-translation/

January 16, 2020 at 11:12 am #5304799

albaC

Ok, thanks

January 16, 2020 at 3:46 pm #5306713

Jamal
Supporter

If you believe that the issue with Toolset Types is resolved and don't need further assistance, I'll kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

Check my reply for 9sentits.com issue on the other ticket.

January 21, 2020 at 12:10 pm #5332091

albaC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!