This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.47 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 16, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4031185

ahmedC-2

I am trying to: show the top rated products in English (default language) and Arabic. It is working correctly in Arabic but not in English. It is showing random products or maybe latest products.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: top rated products in English version

Instead, I got: random products in English version (works correctly in Arabic)

June 17, 2019 at 10:20 am #4034385

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if what you are referring is footer widget - Top rated products? According to the rendered code, it seems that it has been properly rendered, but as if not all configuration options are being transferred over, such as those rating stars. It might be that whatever is not showing those stars is also behind the fact that not top-rated products are being shown.

Can you tell me if you can try this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

So configure two of these same widgets, one for each language and then set their options individually. Does it work then?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4037311

ahmedC-2

Hello,

It is still not working.
I have only 3 products rated as 5 stars to test the widget.
It is working correctly only in Arabic. In English, it is still showing random products.

June 18, 2019 at 7:35 am #4040955

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 19, 2019 at 6:20 am #4048261

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am getting "ERROR: The password you entered for the username temp is incorrect. Lost your password?" - can you check again?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 21, 2019 at 11:02 am #4066483

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have tested this on a clean sandbox installation we use for compatibility testing and I was able to prove it, so this is most likely not a compatibility issue with either your theme or some other plugin you're using on the site.
hidden link

It seems to me that on English - which is default on this website - the product list within the top rated widget shows properly, however as you suggested already, on the translated pages it returns them randomly, sometimes it does not even return any of the rated products.

I have escalated this to our developers and will let you know as soon as I get more information from them!

In the meanwhile, can I only ask you to install a Duplicator plugin on your website? It may not be required, but we may need eventually the clone of your site so that our 2nd tier support could debug further.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 21, 2019 at 11:21 am #4066587

ahmedC-2

Thank you,

Just to clarify, the English version (the default one) shows the products randomly and the Arabic one (the translated one) is showing the products correctly.

I have "WP Staging" installed. Is that enough ?

Regards,
Ahmed

June 28, 2019 at 9:13 am #4105849

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our 2nd tier has examined the issue and they suspect that it has something to do with WPML filtering the contents of the widget.

This issue has been escalated to WPML developers. As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, it could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get any new information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos