This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: There is issue on 'Top Search Engine' on my front page. In default language it shows fine but in JPN, search engine shows 'SELECT OPTION'.

Solution: Make sure that the there's at least one job listing in the secondary language (so that the fields from the top can have some values to display), and that the translations in WPML → String translation are done.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 6:59 am #4367789

michitaO

I am trying to:
There is issue on 'Top Search Engine' on my front page.
In default language it shows fine but in JPN, search engine shows 'SELECT OPTION'

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I use WP job manager on this site

I expected to see:
These search engine should be appear as same as english page and red solid squares are also seen which should not be.
CSS error ??

August 9, 2019 at 9:43 am #4369147

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you made any change to your website, please? I cannot access the Japanese version of the homepage to see the issue that you described. If you set this language to be hidden, just simply give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a look.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 11, 2019 at 7:35 am #4376665

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you check the password you send to me, please? I tried to use the credentials but I get a message that the password is incorrect. I set the next reply to be private again so you can send me the username and password.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4395693

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for sharing the username and password.

As I mentioned in the other ticket, there seems to be no Japanese job listings in your website. Could you add some job listing translations to your website, please? I think that this way, the fields from the top of the page might change from Select an option to the translations made in WPML → String translation. Can you try this and tell me how things work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 15, 2019 at 2:41 am #4398429

michitaO

Hi,
Regarding search box issue on top page,
you right, WPML → String translation for 'Select an option' worked to fix the issue.

Thanks.

August 15, 2019 at 6:51 am #4399215

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to fix this part!

I'll mark this ticket as resolved now. You can easily open a new ticket for any other question or issue you have, and we'll take care of it in no time.

Thanks,
Radu