Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 24, 2021 at 8:01 pm #8167175

cristinaH-5

No consigo que se enlace el pdf en inglés en la versión en inglés.

hidden link

Los enlaces de descargar fichas de cata en .pdf, en la versión en inglés me descargan los mismos q en castellano. No me aclaro bien cómo debo hacerlo.

Gracias

traduccion-1.png
February 25, 2021 at 11:50 am #8171907

cristinaH-5

Good morning.

I can't get the traslation on attached media (.pdf) as you see at

hidden link

wine tasting notes .pdf

Surelly, It's a starting problem, I'm a new user, but I've been looking for the right way to do that and I didn't get.

Thank you

traduccion-1.png
February 25, 2021 at 2:17 pm #8173295

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for sharing info about your issue and translating it to English.

I am afraid WPML media for now only works with images and not with document files. It is not possible to translate PDF documents like that, but we do have an internal ticket to change this and include this feature. In the future, it will be possible.

I will add your ticket to our internal system and update you when this feature is included. We do not have an ETA and will probably take a while.

In the meantime, you can manually translate the links / PDF links when translating the page. When you’re editing with the Advanced Translation Editor, look for a “Search” input at the top-left. This search box allows you to find any text on the page, visible or not. It’s especially useful for translating links. If you search by “HTTP” you’ll quickly find all outgoing links on the page.

More info:
- https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/02/translating-links-with-advanced-translation-editor/

I hope I was helpful.

I will be marking this ticket status as "Escalated to WPML developers team" and let you know when I have some news. 🙂

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

March 4, 2022 at 1:29 pm #10716805

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

just to update your issue should be fixed in the next versions of WPML 4.5.6.

Kind regards,
Drazen