If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client wants to translate content that was added through a content builder (Elementor) but he is using the "Blog" subscription type which doesn't allow him to translate content created through plugins.

Solution: For page builder support, you would need to be at least on the middle membership here: https://wpml.org/purchase/ (you can also see the differences between memberships in the table)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielK-63 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 10:13 am

danielK-63

I am trying to: Translate a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any

I expected to see: The layout in the same way is the German page

Instead, I got: Have a look here, please:

hidden link

Using Jupiter Theme and Elementor. After copying the page for translation, the layout is destroyed.

What can I do?

May 13, 2019 at 2:53 pm #3799589

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

For page builder support, you would need to be at least on the middle membership here:
https://wpml.org/purchase/ (you can also see the differences between memberships in the table)

After that, you could use the duplication functionality as it would work better for this case (I would recommend this procedure as I find it faster and easier to edit and translate afterward):
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Practically you would just need to:

- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Select the page that you want to duplicate that has that content built with the visual page builder (check the box next to it)
- scroll down and click on the radio button next to "Duplicate" and duplicate it

Now you should be able to simply change the language from the very top of your WordPress admin dashboard and go to the "Pages" tab on the left. You should now see the duplicated page with the exact layout structure and page builder elements.

Also, there is a good amount of very helpful documentation here on how to use WPML with Elementor, in case you might need it in the future:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 13, 2019 at 3:09 pm #3799839

danielK-63

Hi Mihai,

thank you so much for your quick response.

My bad, I haven't noticed that I need the higher version for that.
Now I have the problem, that the customer is tight on budget and I can´t upgrade for that project since that was not discussed between my client and me. Can you help me out here somehow? I only need that single function additionally. Any idea?

Thanks,

Daniel

May 14, 2019 at 11:20 am #3806267

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Daniel.

That feature is part of another type of membership so there is no way it can be served separately as it comes with the extra plugins that become available only after you purchase it.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 16, 2019 at 11:49 am #3825599

danielK-63

Hello Mihai,

I have sent a refund-request a few days ago. No feedback, yet. Could you have a look at it and confirm?

Thanks
Daniel

May 16, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3825739

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Daniel.

We just deal with technical issues here, on the Support Forum.

For subscription-related issues, please contact hello@wpml.org and I'm sure that you will find all the help that you need.

Can you please mark this ticket as resolved, too, if you don't need support for this at the moment?

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 16, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3825741

danielK-63

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!