Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4574605

sevanB

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to translate this string into Greek. Hey, be careful you are updating this AD.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

In the options-init.php file we have the following code

'title' => esc_html__( 'Update Ad Notice', 'carspot' ),
'default' => 'Hey, be careful you are updating this AD.',
),

In the string translation i can only translate Update Ad Notice string but no the default Value.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 6:58 am #4576657

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

You should add the same "esc_html__" function to the second phrase.

Instead of:

'default' => 'Hey, be careful you are updating this AD.',

you should use

'default' => esc_html__( 'Hey, be careful you are updating this AD.', 'carspot' ),

After doing this in the code, please go to WPML > Theme and localization > and re-scan the theme or plugin that adds this strings.

After that, you should be able to find the new string inside WPML > String Translation.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei