Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sandrineD-2 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 19, 2019 at 4:54 pm #4974479

sandrineD-2

Since fews days all my translated products making error 404

i didn't do anlything on the website

Could you help me please ?

I tried to do this : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-product-showing-404-error/
but not working for me

November 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4974749

Amit
Supporter

Hi, can you please update to WPML 4.3.4 (including your needed add-ons) and let us know if that issue was not fixed with that version.

November 23, 2019 at 7:04 am #5002773

sandrineD-2

HI

thanks for your answer, we updated WPML & addons but the problem is still there 🙁

November 23, 2019 at 1:39 pm #5004283

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Please try the following steps:

- First of all update the plugins that still require updates (String Translation to version 3.0.4, WooCommerce Multilingual to version 4.7.4), you might've done this alraeady but i want to just have a confirmation of it, please.

- Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code, to meet our minimum requirements:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

- Once all that is done, please go to settings > Permalinks and make sure every field is correctly setup (so, do not leave any field empty, specially category bases, attributes base, etc)

- Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Setttings > Troubleshooting > Select all the options there and press the button "apply" (this step will synchronize every product and taxonomy).

- Last but not least go to WooCommerce > WooCommernce Multilingual > Store URLs > Make sure you translate all the pages in there.

That should do it.

Let me know how it goes.

November 24, 2019 at 9:53 am #5006197

sandrineD-2

Hi

thanks for your help
i did all the steps but nothing changed 🙁
hidden link

What can i do ?

Thanks

Augustin

November 25, 2019 at 12:38 pm #5012017

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

To continue, I think i can only take a look at the site now to inspect and see what's going on and to do that i'll need temporary access to your site.

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information i need from you. they are private so only you and i will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

November 27, 2019 at 6:26 pm #5031851

sandrineD-2

sorry for admin is not wpml-admin only : wpml

November 28, 2019 at 10:38 am #5034947

Alejandro
Supporter

The problem was that both "produit" and "categorie-produit" had the same slug in english: "product" that created an error and ended up showing you the 404 error.

you can check this in WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Store URLs

Remember that the slugs must be unique and you should not have the same slug for different things accross the site.

hidden link

Regards.

November 29, 2019 at 5:53 pm #5045365

sandrineD-2

Thanks a lot and sorry for the disturb, it works