Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jin woo 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 19, 2015 at 3:39 am #621195

jin woo

I am trying to: transfer my data to new site (theme and post type)

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

I expected to see: all of old data (which had successfully transfered)

Instead, I got: all disappeared.

Hello,
We are testing a site for changing to new theme. but WPML doesn't get old translated data.

We have 1,000 data and it was translated (duplicated) well. however when we moved to new site (new theme). it all disappeared.

the new theme has different post-type.
(Our old post-type was "job-listing" and our new post-type is "item")
Therefore we have changed post type name to "item" from "job-listing" on my sql as update query.

1. it shows all of language post on "item" post-type.
2. when we activate WPML, we can see all item posts
All (1,000) | Published (999) | pending (1)
but there is English (0), Korean (0) now.

Please have a look at this screenshot ( hidden link )

How can we modify to match old translated data?

Thank you again,
Rob

May 19, 2015 at 6:19 pm #621937

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello. I understand that you are asking how to assign the different posts to their respective translations after having manually changed the post type form "job-listing" to "item"

Here is documentation on the table architecure of WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

You will need to also change the table icl_translations - specifically changing field "elment_type" from "post_job_listing" to "post_item".

I hope this answers your question sufficiently to proceed with your work.

June 3, 2015 at 1:01 am #630960

jin woo

Thank you,

I solved. 🙂