No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 8:07 am #3782107

Fabio Gagliardi

Hi there,

I currently have the multilingual plugin qTranslateX 3.4.6.8 on WordPress and I'd like to switch to WPML Multilingual CMS.

The situation is as follows:
<style type="text/css">
.qtranxs_flag_it {background-image: url(hidden link); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
.qtranxs_flag_es {background-image: url(hidden link); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
</style>
<link hreflang="it" href="hidden link" rel="alternate">
<link hreflang="es" href="hidden link" rel="alternate">
<link hreflang="x-default" href="hidden link" rel="alternate">
<meta name="generator" content="qTranslate-X 3.4.6.8">

In other words:
hidden link no language assigned
hidden link Italian
hidden link Spanish

Now, my idea would be to:
1. Assign English to hidden link and translate content to English stepwise;
2. As URLs are dealt crazily by qTranslateX, I'd like to generate new URLs in several cases.

Example of what I have right now:
hidden link this is a post written in Spanish.
hidden link this is the very same post, in its Italian version.

So, I'd keep the Spanish's as it is, while changing the Italian's URL to Italian wording:
hidden link. Every post has to undergo such modification, one by one.

Questions:
- Is that possible?
- Will I get an error message, while the English version of the blog posts won't be available?

I tried to follow the instructions here (https://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate-to-wpml-export/) on a staging site, but failed to achieve the desired outcome.

Thank you in advance for your support.

May 13, 2019 at 5:46 am #3795271

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

From my understanding, the configuration that you desire is possible, however, you need to manually modify your URL's in order to achieve it. For answering your second question, you have the possibility to create posts in secondary languages and translate them from there, although we recommend you to do it from the main language.

About the technical failure with your migration and this forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés