This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 1:08 am #4540687

Jose Parr

What are you trying to translate?
A website into Japanese

What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot)
We've gone into the WPML settings and set every field in our wordpress environment, including system fields, as translatable. I've then added a selection of pages to be translated to Japanese through the Translation Jobs section, but at the end, I get obviously wrong word counts at the end, as if many fields were not included in the translations.

What's missing or not working for you?
For example, the page "Snowflake for Developers" shows up in the basket as having 55 words to translate, yet if you actually go to the page (hidden link), you see there ought to be hundreds. In the backend, every field, even the system ones, are checked to "Translate". What might be happening here? Where else do I need to enable fields or areas as translatabled for WPML?

September 10, 2019 at 10:50 am #4544323

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I was trying to replicate this issue on my test site, but I couldn't replicate it. Here is what I did.

1. I've created a post that as some ACF fields added to it.
2. I've inserted values in the ACF fields of the post.
3. In Translation Management, I've sent this post for translation.
4. Then I've exported this post as an XLIFF file.
5. I checked the XLIFF file and could see that the values of the ACF fields are included in the XLIFF file.

If I don't understand the issue correctly, please tell me the exact steps on how to replicate the issue.

Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translatable fields are not being included in exported XLIFF files’ is closed to new replies.